The Palo Alto Networks' next-generation firewall PA-4000 Series is comprised of three high performance platforms, the PA-4060, the PA-4050 and the PA-4020, all of which are targeted at high speed Internet gateway deployments within enterprise environments to ensure threat prevention and overall network security. The PA-4000 Series of enterprise firewalls manages multi-Gbps traffic flows using dedicated processing and memory for networking, security, threat prevention, URL filtering and management. The Palo Alto Networks PA-4000 Series firewall's 10 Gbps backplane smoothes the pathway between processors, and the physical separation of data and control plane ensures that management access is always available, irrespective of the traffic load.
- Identifies and controls applications irrespective of port, protocol, encryption (SSL or SSH) or evasive tactic employed.
- Enables positive enforcement application usage policies: allow, deny, schedule, inspect, apply traffic shaping.
- Graphical visibility tools enable simple and intuitive view into application traffic.
- Policy-based visibility and control over who is using the applications through seamless integration with Active Directory, LDAP, and eDirectory.
- Identifies Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Services and XenWorks users, enabling visibility and control over their respective application usage.
- Control non-Windows hosts via webbased authentication.
- Block viruses, spyware, and vulnerability exploits, limit unauthorized transfer of files and sensitive data such as CC# or SSN, and control non-work related web surfing.
- Single pass software architecture enables multi-gigabit throughput with low latency while scanning content.