AppSensor Xpert uses remote instrumentation interfaces (e.g., SNMP) to capture performance information from infrastructure components which may otherwise be difficult to access, including servers, application components, network devices, and vendor-specific management systems. AppSensor Xpert supplies this data (on both a historical and real-time basis) to the rest of OPNET’s APM solution suite for a more complete picture of end-to-end application performance.
- Accelerate and automate application performance troubleshooting
- Expand visibility of APM without deploying agents
Key AppSensor Xpert Features
- Automatically discovers and monitors infrastructure components
- Agentless data collection minimizes overhead
- Provides AppResponse Xpert with server and network element metrics
- Analyze metrics for CPU, memory, processes, network interfaces, and more
- Discovers the network devices (layer 2/3) on the application’s path and obtains their performance metrics.
- Leverages Cisco IP Service Level Agreement (IP SLA) data to proactively monitor application infrastructure
- Custom alerts for key devices in your application infrastructure
- Collects detailed structural and performance information from VMware vSphere