Aruba 2930F 24G PoE+ 4SFP+ Switch
The Aruba 2930F Switch Series is designed for customers creating smart digital workplaces that are optimized for mobile users with an integrated wired and wireless approach. These convenient Layer 3 network switches include built-in uplinks and PoE power and are simple to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central.
A powerful Aruba ProVision ASIC delivers performance , robust feature support and value with programmability for the latest applications. Stacking with Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) provides simplicity and scalability. The 2930F supports built-in 1GbE or 10GbE uplinks, PoE+, Access OSPF routing, Dynamic Segmentation, robust QoS, RIP routing, and IPv6 with no software licensing required.
The Aruba 2930F Switch Series provides a convenient and cost-effective access switch solution that can be quickly set up with Zero Touch Provisioning. The robust Layer 3 feature set includes a limited lifetime warranty.
Unified Wired and Wireless Support
- Supports unified wired and wireless policies using Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager
- Switch auto-configuration automatically configures switch for different settings such as VLAN, CoS, PoE max. power, and PoE priority when an Aruba access point is detected
- User Role defines a set of switch-based policies in areas such as security, authentication, and QoS. A user role can be assigned to a group of users or devices, using switch-based local user role or download from ClearPass
- For improved network simplicity and security, Aruba Dynamic Segmentation automatically enforces user, device and application-aware policies on Aruba wired and wireless networks. Automated device profiling, role-based access control, and Layer 7 firewall features deliver enhanced visibility and performance for a better overall experience for both IT and end users alike
- Dynamic Segmentation provides a secure tunnel that transports network traffic on a per-port or per-user role basis to an Aruba Controller. In a per-user role Tunnel Node, users are authenticated by the ClearPass Policy Manager which directs traffic to be tunneled to an Aruba controller or switch locally
- Static IP visibility allows ClearPass to do accounting for clients with a static IP address
- Supports multiple programmatic interfaces, including REST APIs and Openflow 1.0 and 1.3, to enable automation of network operations, monitoring, and troubleshooting
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p) for classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues
- Layer 4 prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Class of Service (CoS) sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Rate limiting sets per-port ingress enforced maximums and per-port, per-queue minimums
- Large buffers provide graceful congestion management
- Unknown Unicast Rate Limiting throttles unicast packets with unknown destination addresses and limits flooding on the VLAN