Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances is ideal for organizations with large numbers of distributed sites. Since the MX is 100% cloud managed, installation and remote management is simple. The MX has a comprehensive suite of network services, eliminating the need for multiple appliances. Services include Layer 7 application firewall, content filtering, web search filtering, SNORT® based intrusion prevention, web caching, Intelligent WAN with multiple WAN uplinks and 4G failover.
Feature-rich Unified Threat Management (UTM) Capabilities
- Application-aware traffic control: set bandwidth policies based on Layer 7 application type (e.g., YouTube, Skype, P2P)
- Content filtering: CIPA-compliant content filter, safe-seach enforcement (Google/Bing), and YouTube for Schools
- Intrusion prevetation: PCI-compliant IPS sensor using industry-leading SNORT® signature database from Sourcefire
- Anti-virus and anti-phishing: flow-based protection engine powered by Kaspersky
- Identity-based security policies and application management
Resilient Site-to-Site VPN with 4G Failover
- Auto VPN: automatic routing table generation, IKE/IPsec setup and key exchange via Cisco Meraki’s secure cloud
- Automatic failover to secondary WAN link or 4G connection
- Interoperates with standards-based IPsec VPNs
- Automated MPLS to VPN failover
- Client VPN: L2TP IPsec support for native Windows, Mac OS X, iPad and Android clients with no per-user licensing fees
Industry-leading Cloud Management
- Unified WAN, LAN, and wireless LAN management through a web-based dashboard
- Template based settings scale easily from small deployments to large, multi-site deployments with tens of thousands of devices
- Role-based administration, email alerts on configuration change, connectivity issues and power loss, auditable change logs
- Summary reports with user, device, and application usage details archived in the cloud
Branch Gateway Services
- Built-in DHCP, NAT, QoS, and VLAN management services
- Web caching: accelerates frequently accessed content
- Link bonding: combines multiple WAN links into a single highspeed interface, with policies for QoS, traffic shaping, and failover
- Layer 3 failover: automatic detection of layer 2 and layer 3 outages and fast failover, including 3G/4G USB modems
Cloud Managed Architecture
Built on Cisco Meraki’s award-winning cloud-managed architecture, the MX is the industry’s only 100% cloud-managed Unified Threat Management appliance. MX appliances self-provision, automatically pulling policies and configuration settings from the cloud. Powerful remote management tools provide network-wide visibility and control, and enable administration without the need for on-site networking expertise.
Cloud services deliver seamless firmware and security signature updates, automatically establish site-to-site VPN tunnels, and provide 24×7 network monitoring. Moreover, the MX’s intuitive browser-based management interface removes the need for expensive and time-consuming training.
The MX platform has an extensive suite of security features including IPS, content filtering, web search filtering, anti-virus / anti-phishing, geo-IP based firewalling and IPsec VPN connectivity, while providing the performance required for modern, bandwidth-intensive networks.
Layer 7 fingerprinting technology lets administrators identify unwanted content and applications and prevent recreational apps like BitTorrent from wasting precious bandwidth.
The integrated Sourcefire SNORT® engine delivers superior intrusion prevention coverage, a key requirement for PCI 3.0 compliance. The MX also uses the Webroot BrightCloud® URL categorization database for CIPA / IWF compliant content-filtering, Kaspersky Safestream II® engine for anti-virus / anti-phishing, and MaxMind for geo-IP based security rules.
Best of all, these industry-leading Layer 7 security engines and signatures are always kept up-to-date via the cloud, simplifying network security management and providing peace of mind to IT administrators.