Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances make it easy to deploy high quality network infrastructure to large numbers of distributed sites. Since
the MX is 100% cloud managed, installation and remote management is simple. The MXhas a comprehensive suite of network services, eliminating the need for multiple appliances. Services include a next-generation firewall, content filtering, web search filtering, intrusion detection,
web caching, WAN optimization, and link bonding with failover.
Next Generation Firewall Capabilities
- Application-aware traffic control: set bandwidth policies based on Layer 7 application type (e.g., YouTube, Skype, P2P).
- Content filtering:CIPA-compliant content filter, web (Google/Bing) search filtering, and YouTube for Schools.
- Intrusion detection: PCI-compliant IDS sensor using industry-leading Snort database from Sourcefire.
- Anti-virus and anti-phishing: flow-based protection engine powered by Kaspersky.
- Identity-based filtering and application bandwidth management
Industry-leading Cloud Management
Unified WAN, LAN, and wireless LAN management through a webbased dashboard. Scales easily from small deployments to large, multi-site deployments with tens of thousands of devices.
Role-based administration, email alerts on configuration change, connectivity issues and power loss, auditable change logs.
Summary reports with user, device, and application usage details archived in the cloud.
Quarterly feature updates and enhancements delivered on demand from theCisco Meraki cloud.
Site-to-site VPN: automatic routing table generation, provisioning and key exchange via Cisco Meraki’s secure cloud.
Interoperates with standards-based IPsec VPNs.
Client VPN: L2TP IPsec support for native Windows, Mac OS X, iPad and Android clients with no per-user licensing fees.
Branch Gateway Services
Built-in DHCP, NAT, QoS, and VLAN management services.
Web caching: accelerates frequently accessed content.
Link bonding: combines multiple WAN links into a single highspeed interface, with policies for QoS, traffic shaping, and failover.
Layer 3 failover: automatic detection of layer 2 and layer 3 outages and fast failover, including 3G/4G USB modems.
WAN optimization: data redundancyelimination,protocoloptimization, and compression provide bandwidth savings up to 99%.