DEPLOY AND MANAGE THE INTELLIGENT NETWORK
Rapidly deploy and dynamically manage networks at geographically distributed stores and branch locations with Enterprise Cloud Manager, CradlePoint’s next generation application platform. Improve productivity, reduce costs, and enhance the intelligence of your network and business operations.
- DEPLOYMENT – configure devices by groups or individually, and update firmware easily with a few clicks.
- MANAGEMENT – monitor device statuses in real-time and set proactive alerts for optimized 3G/4G data usage and network uptime.
- INTELLIGENCE – view network analytics and manage security and PCI compliance.
- Real-time secure device management
- Next generation cloud software built upon WiPipe Central experience and customer feedback
- Access to entire router status
- Supports partners and enterprise customers with any level of accounts and sub-accounts
- Supports ‘add-on’ applications
- Open and robust API
SECURE AND RELIABLE
CradlePoint Enterprise Cloud Manager uses real-time, secure encrypted protocols for managing your CradlePoint devices. Additional security and reliability features include:
- Secure device registration and authentication
- Enterprise class Tier 4 datacenter, SSAE Type II (SAS 70) compliance
- Redundant systems and architecture to support high availability
- Efficient protocol optimized for management over 4G networks
LOWER COST, GREATER CONTROL
CradlePoint Enterprise Cloud Manager can help you protect mission-critical applications – improve network uptime and performance while reducing costs:
- Perform remote diagnostics – status reports and error logs
- Troubleshoot without onsite IT support
- Upgrade firmware remotely – ensure up-to-date security and PCI compliance
- Monitor 3G/4G data usage, avoid overages
- Reduce truck rolls, saving time and money
- Prevent poor customer experiences and lost revenue caused by Internet downtime
ALERTS AND DEVICE NOTIFICATIONS
Proactive alerts and reporting enable you to better understand how devices are deployed across your organization. Alerts can notify you of:
- 3G/4G modem connectivity issues
- Data usage thresholds for wireless data plans
- Failed login attempts and modem removal, which can indicate physical or cyber security breaches
- Unauthorized users or configuration changes