Built for versatility
The PowerEdge R540 delivers the ideal balance of resources and affordability to adapt to a variety of application demands.
Power your applications with the versatility of the R540
The PowerEdge R540 delivers the versatility and flexibility to power a variety of applications. With a balanced set of resources, expandability and affordability the R540 adapts to the demands of the modern data center with the ideal value optimized design. Automatically optimize performance with one button application tuning and scale for future demands with up to 14 3.5” drives.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.
- Automatically optimize application performance with one-button tuning.
- Flexible storage with up to 14 3.5” drives.
- Free up storage with boot optimized M.2 SSDs.
Intuitive systems management with intelligent automation
Dell EMC PowerEdge servers are optimized for top efficiency and uptime, with intelligent automation that decreases time spent on the most common IT tasks. Combined with the agent-free management of the embedded iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller, the R540 is easily and effectively managed.
- Simplify data center management with OpenManage Essentials to intelligently automate the entire server life cycle management process – from bare-metal deployment, through configuration and updates, to ongoing maintenance.
- Use the OpenManage Mobile app to take advantage of new wireless Quick Sync 2 capabilities to efficiently perform management procedures at-the-server, across multiple servers within the data center, or monitor server status and respond to alerts, anytime, anywhere.
Rely on PowerEdge with built-in security
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, building security into all parts of a server’s life cycle. The R540 uses these new security features so you can reliably and securely deliver the right data to where your customers are, no matter where they are. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free, secure systems.
- Rely on a secure supply chain that protects servers from factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.