DELL EMC POWEREDGE R940
Scale-up powerhouse for mission critical workloads
The PowerEdge R940 is designed to power your missioncritical applications and real-time decisions. With four sockets and up to 12 NMVe drives, the R940 provides scalable performance in just 3U.
Breathtaking performance for mission-critical workloads
The scalable business architecture of the Dell EMC PowerEdge R940 can deliver the most mission critical workloads. With automatic workload tuning for many workloads, configuration is quick. Combined with up to 6TB of memory and 13 PCIe Gen 3 slots the R940 has all the resources to maximize application performance and scale for future demands.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 12 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales easily.
- Optimized for software defined storage with a special 2-socket configuration delivering 50% more UPI bandwidth compared to a regular 2-socket server.
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
- Eliminate bottlenecks with up to 6TB of memory in 48 DIMMS, 12 of which can be NVDIMMs.
Automate maintenance with Dell EMC OpenManage
The Dell EMC OpenManage™ portfolio helps deliver peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the PowerEdge R940 is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
- Simplify management with the New OpenManage Enterprise™ console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Rely on PowerEdge with built-in security
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server life cycle. The R940 leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
- Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.