The EMC VNXe1600™ is a simple, affordable, and efficient block storage array based on the proven VNXe3200 architecture and feature set – purpose-built for price sensitive SMB and ROBO markets as well as Enterprise Workgroup and Departmental environments.
The VNXe1600 is designed to be a customer installable, easy-to-use and deploy system for small scale application and database, Exchange, and virtual server requirements. The VNXe1600 supports SSD and HDD drives, scales to 200 drives (or 400TB) and includes host connectivity options such as Fiber Channel and iSCSI (IPv4/6) with iSCSI Off Load performance – for maximum deployment flexibility.
The VNXe1600 includes a rich set of enterprise storage software functionality and advanced data services including thin provisioning to reduce capacity requirements, FAST Cache to boost performance, asynchronous block replication for DR, snapshots for local data protection, and MCx™ multicore optimization for increased processor efficiency.
Additional services including software preloading, rack and stack, and certifications such as NEBS/DC are also available with VNXe1600.
LEVERAGING VNXe SIMPLICITY/EFFICIENCY
The EMC VNXe1600™ SAN architecture leverages the VNXe “ease of use and install” heritage including 99.999% (5-9’s) availability and industry-leading virtualization integrations with VMware and Microsoft to meet the needs of SMB and other entry level application environments.
The VNXe1600 was designed with ease of deployment and use in mind.
- You can setup a SAN in less than 15 minutes with the VNXe1600 Configuration Wizard. Monitoring and Reporting agent-less software provides a simple and centralized way to monitor storage capacity, utilization, and performance with automated data aggregation for report acceleration.
- EMC Unisphere is included for simplifying application-aware management and EMC Unisphere Central can be used for a more advanced multisite deployment of hundreds of VNXe1600 systems.
- The VNXe1600 is easily configured in virtualized applications environments with deep and industry-leading VMware and Microsoft points of integration to both vSphere and Hyper-V. These integrations include: VMware: VASA, VAAI, vCenter, ESXi hosts, and more & Microsoft: ODX, Hyper-V, SMI-S, and more
The VNXe1600 has built-in and easy-to-use software features that improve efficiency.
- As a hybrid array, you can optimize storage performance with EMC FAST Cache providing rapid access to frequently accessed data.
- Easily configure the VNXe1600 with all SSDs for top performance or as a hybrid array to get the performance of flash with the cost effectiveness of disk.
- Reduce your capacity requirements with thinly provisioned LUNs without experiencing performance degradation.