CLOUD-MANAGED ACCESS SWITCHES
Cisco Meraki MS125 switches provide Layer 2 access switching ideal for branch and campus deployments. The MS125 series features a variety of power options designed to meet the diverse needs of large enterprise networks.
Cisco Meraki switches are built from the ground up for cloud management without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in enterprise-class switches.
All Cisco Meraki switches are managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud interface, rather than a cryptic command line.
To bring up a Meraki switch, simply plug it in. Meraki switches do not require CLI for switch configuration or port management.
Meraki’s centralized management platform gives administrators granular visibility into their network. Our dashboard helps you keep track of every configuration change in your network with our detailed event and change logs.
INDUSTRY LEADING CLOUD MANAGEMENT
Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small:
- Automatic email alerts from power loss, downtime, excessive Layer 1 errors, or configuration changes
- Powerful remote diagnostic tools such as packet capture to help isolate and troubleshoot network issues
- Role-based administration
- Firmware upgrades and enhancements from the Meraki cloud
- Virtual Stacking enables switch port configuration changes on the dashboard interface without the need to physically stack switches
- Incredible network transparency with application, operating system, client, and hostname visibility
- Zero-touch provisioning for rapid deployment across sites
- Gigabit access switching with 24- and 48- port models and PoE+ support
- 4 x 10G SFP+ uplink interfaces on all models
- Non-blocking switch with up to 176 Gbps bandwidth support
- Fanless design on select models
- Lifetime hardware warranty and advanced replacement at no additional cost
- Up to 740 watt PoE budget with PoE+ support and dynamic power allocation for powering APs, phones, cameras, and other PoE-enabled devices
- 6 configurable QoS queues for converged voice, video, and data applications
- Low power consumption, quiet acoustic design, and shallow rack depth options, enabling flexible deployment in wiring closets as well as offices and classrooms
Features and Capabilities
Meraki switches include all of the traditional Ethernet features found in modern enterprise access switches, including:
Branch & Campus Access
- PoE and PoE+ models available for device level powering
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) to prioritize mission critical traffic such as voice and video
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments
- CDP/LLDP with detailed neighbor discovery and visibility
- Port Mirroring support for monitoring network traffic at line rate
- IGMP Snooping to optimize network performance for multicast applications
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking
- IEEE 802.1X, MAB, and Hybrid authentication support for wired access control with RADIUS server monitoring
- ACL support (IPv4 & IPv6) and MAC whitelisting
- Single-Host/Multi-Domain/Multi-Host/Multi Authentication
- Change of Authorization (CoA) and RADIUS accounting support
- DHCP snooping to prevent users from adding unauthorized DHCP servers on the network
- Rapid spanning tree, BPDU guard, root guard, loop guard, UDLD and other safeguards to help prevent misconfigurations and reduce convergence time
- Per-port VLAN configuration
- Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management
Network Troubleshooting & Automation
- Virtual Stacking helps IT admins make configuration changes to hundreds of switch ports in seconds with our intuitive dashboard interface
- Configuration templates for rapid, zero-touch provisioning and auditing of all sites
- Network Topology for automatic and interactive network mapping
- Remote cable testing, packet capture and client discovery
- Automatic and scheduled firmware upgrades for the complete network
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
The Meraki switch family is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. All Meraki switches support rich qualityof-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The switches support eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling them to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization.
PoE models provide power to VoIP telephones, IP security cameras, wireless access points (APs), and other IP devices. In addition, using CDP and LLDP, PoE power is intelligently budgeted to maximize the number of PoE clients supported.
Application Layer Visibility
Meraki switches include integrated Layer 7 fingerprinting without the need to purchase additional modules or services. Identify hundreds of applications from business apps to BitTorrent and YouTube.
User fingerprinting allows administrators to quickly identify individual users by device and tune network resources for optimum performance.
Unified Software Architecture
Meraki switches run the same operating system used by all of our products, which allows us to deliver a consistent user experience for network management.
When connected, new MS125 switches automatically reach out to the Meraki cloud and download the most current configuration. Future updates can be user-scheduled, ensuring the network is kept up-to-date with bug fixes, security updates, and new features.