FortiADC-1000E Application Delivery Controller
A data center grade ADC with blazing fast performance of up to 13.0 Gbps of L4 throughput. With features like hardware based SSL acceleration, HTTP Gzip compression, lights-out management, dual hot-swappable power supplies and fans, the E970LX was built for hosting and enterprise environments.
Features & Benefits
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies and fans for an additional layer of redundancy in your datacenter environment.
- Dedicated management channel to control your FortADC-1000E remotely, even if the power is off to the appliance.
- SSL, TLS and HTTPS acceleration that increases secure application performance by offloading secure traffic processing from servers to the FortiADC.
- HTTP Gzip compression reduces bandwidth needs by a factor of 5 to improve application response times and reduce bandwidth costs.
- Multiple high-availability and failover pairing options including active/active, multi-active N+1 and a class-leading multi-active N+M for flexibility and better resource utilization of backup units.
- Includes Global Server Load Balancing to distribute traffic across multiple locations for disaster recovery and improved end-user response times.
- Certified by Microsoft for load balancing Microsoft Exchange (2010/2013)
Fortinet FortiADC series of Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) optimize the availability, user experience, performance and scalability of Enterprise Application Delivery. The FortiADC family of physical and virtual appliances delivers fast, secure and intelligent acceleration and distribution of demanding applications in the enterprise.
Enterprise Application Acceleration and Performance
FortiADC appliances utilize multi-core processor technology, combined with SSL offload to accelerate application performance. Using QoS policies, they are able to optimize and handle heavy Layer 4 through 7 traffic loads while delivering Latency Sensitive Applications for small, medium and large enterprises.
FortiADC appliances deliver 99.999% uptime for enterprise application services with intelligent local and global server load balancing. The appliances provide application layer health check mechanisms for automatic failover of application services and use Link Load Balancing to optimize WAN connectivity. This results in 24×7 application availability while reducing business continuity risks.
Application Aware Intelligence and Control
FortiADC application-aware appliances elinimate performance bottlenecks, reduce application deployment complexity and seamless application integration. Fully aware of Layers 4 through 7 application traffic, connections, transactions, and content, they enable IT organizations to create event-driven policies for intelligent distribution of application traffic across web and application servers, and eliminates the need to replicate content across multiple servers. Content awareness is extended to the ability to create complex rules to dynamically rewrite content on the fly.
SSL and Server Offloading
FortiADC offloads server-intensive SSL processing with support for 4096-bit keys, TCP connection management, data compression and HTTP request processing from servers. This speeds up response times, reduces load on the backend servers, allowing them to serve more users.