The Need for a Fortified Wireless LAN
Enterprises are looking to increase productivity through uninterrupted access to applications and resources, without compromising security and agility. You want to increase visibility and control of your wireless network traffic by enforcing the same policies as your wired network and eliminate potential blind spots. You also need a solution that meets compliance by proactively blocking unauthorized access, all while providing tools for business continuity by following industry best practices.
Integrated Wireless Security and Access Solution
Fortinet’s FortiAP wireless thin access points deliver secure, identity-driven WiFi client access that create a fortified WLAN network. Centrally-managed by a FortiGate® or FortiWiFi™ platform with its integrated Wireless Controller, FortiAPs allow you to deploy a comprehensive, integrated security solution for your wireless and wired networks. By acting as a Wireless Controller, FortiGate or FortiWiFi security platforms enable you to deploy comprehensive Unified Threat Management (UTM) protection over your wireless network.
Highest Performance Ruggedized Thin Access Point
The FortiAP 222C is IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards-based, and operates on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectrums. Supporting the latest 802.11ac technology, including 80 MHz channels width, the FortiAP 222C achieves a 280% throughput improvement over its 802.11n equivalents.
High Performance Secure Thin Access Point
- Supports latest 802.11ac technology with association rate of up to 867 Mbps
- Leverage existing FortiGate or FortiWiFi platforms as controllers for low TCO
- Full range of authentications and access options for all use cases
- Integration with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer for centralized management and reporting
- Fast roaming for uninterrupted data access
- Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (ARRP) for optimized throughput
- Flexible deployment options with simple per device pricing
- Layer 7 application QoS for maximum business productivity
- Rogue AP detection and mitigation to satisfy PCI DSS compliance