The Fortinet FortiBalancer™-2000 Application Delivery Controller provides the performance needed by Large Enterprise, ISP, Carriers and large e-commerce sites. Delivering 10 Gbps throughput with 2 x 10Gbps interfaces, 8 M sessions, 5 Gbps SSL with 22,500 SSL transactions per second, the FortiBalancer is ideal for deployment in the most demanding environments.
Features & Benefits
- Unlicensed SSL means that unlike the competition, Fortinet does not license per SSL Transaction per second which makes costs predictable and the platform simple to manage
- Caching of static content at the network edge reduces the load on the server and network infrastructure, increasing application responsiveness and reducing delivery delays
- Hardware-accelerated data compression on the fly to accelerate network performance without compromising vital server resources
- SSL Offload performed in hardware reduces the performance impact on the server infrastructure
- Global Server Load Balancing (Optional) distributes traffic across multiple geographical locations for resilience without the need for complex BGP networking, lowering costs and complexity of your infrastructure whilst maintaining geographical redundancy
- Delivers 99.999% application uptime with a 10X increase in application performance and scalability, with 70% less infrastructure to purchase and manage
Fortinet FortiBalancer Series of Application Delivery Controllers optimize the availability, user experience, performance and scalability of mobile, cloud and enterprise application delivery from anywhere-to-anywhere. The range of FortiBalancer appliances are designed for fast, secure and intelligent acceleration of demanding applications and traffic aggregation in enterprises of all sizes. The feature rich appliance form factor results in ease of integration with traditional data centers, virtualized data centers and cloud infrastructures, while delivering outstanding business value.
- A full range of Layer 2 – 7 load balancing methods
- A wide variety of application persistence methods
- Flexible application health checks
- Support for proxy and transparent modes
- Deployment in one-arm and two-arm configurations
- From Enterprise to ISP and Cloud scalability and performance with up to10Gbps interfaces and 30Gbps throughput
The FortiBalancer appliance series of application delivery appliances are unique in their ability to provide unparalleled scalability and performance in compact 1U and 2U form factors. The FortiBalancer series appliances utilize multi-core processor technology and ASIC acceleration for linear scalability. This enables the FortiBalancer series appliances to handle heavy Layer 4 through 7 traffic loads while delivering unmatched performance and scalability for small, medium and large enterprises.