FortiMail is a complete Email Security platform from Fortinet for any size organization. It provides a single solution to protect against inbound attacks, as well as outbound threats and data loss, with a wide range of security capabilities. These capabilities include: antispam, antiphishing, antimalware, sandboxing, data leakage prevention, identity based encryption (IBE), message archiving.
FortiMail’s inbound filtering engines, block spam and malware before they can clog your network and affect users. Its outbound inspection technology (including 3G mobile traffic) reduces the loss of sensitive information, maintains compliance and prevents your organization and users from being blacklisted.
- Highly effective email security – With a robust, bi-directional, highly effective antispam and antimalware solution, including integration with FortiSandbox to detect the most sophisticated targeted attacks. FortiMail has won 20 consecutive VBSpam Platinum awards for recognition of some of the highest catch rates and lowest false positive rates in the industry and the antimalware engine utilized in FortiMail has earned over 27 VB100 awards, including high marks in their Reactive and Proactive (RAP) testing.
- Protection for sensitive information and compliance – integrated DLP and email encryption, including predefined yet customizable dictionaries and Identity Based Encryption (IBE) alongside our support for TLS and SMIME, plus archiving of email messages rounds out a complete email security solution.
- Part of Fortinet’s Advanced Threat Protection Framework – Secured by FortiGuard Security Services, integrating with FortiSandbox and feeding information to FortiAnalyzer, FortiMail is an integral part of a cohesive approach to addressing advanced threats and helps close off a critical, early-stage element of the targeted attack kill chain.
- Highest Performance – The unique architecture of FortiMail provides real time inspection and blocking to stop email threats with as little resource impact as possible, often at the connection level. The architecture also removes the need for mail queuing if the destination mail server is available, which enables significant performance improvement over competing solutions. FortiMail has been proven to meet the requirements many of the world’s largest carriers and is the highest performing messaging security solution in the industry, delivering message protection for over 28 Million messages per hour in a single appliance.
- Unparalleled Deployment Flexibility – cloud or on premise appliance deployment, gateway, inline and server modes, plus physical and virtual appliance form factors ensures seamless fit with all environments from small business all the way through the largest carrier and service providers.