The HPE FlexFabric 5820 Switch Series supports advanced features that deliver a unique combination of unmatched 10 Gigabit Ethernet; high-availability architecture; full Layer 2/3 dual-stack IPv4/IPv6; and line-rate, low-latency performance on all ports. Extensible embedded application capabilities enable these switches to integrate services into the network, consolidating devices and appliances to simplify deployment and reduce power consumption and rack space. Extremely versatile, the switches can be used in high-performance, high-density building or department cores as part of a consolidated network; for data center top-of-rack server access; or as high-performance Layer 3, 10GbE aggregation switches in campus and data center networks.
- For enterprise edge, or distribution/data center
- Up to 24-ports of 10GbE per unit/194 per stack
- Flex chassis—modular resiliency
- Cut-through switching for very low latency
- Hot-swappable I/O, power supplies, and fans