CommScope Ruckus ICX7850-48C Ethernet Switch
High performance core switches for next generation 100G campus
New user demands and technology advances are increasingly putting pressure on campus networks requiring them to scale to support more devices and deliver more bandwidth. The rapid growth in wireless traffic, accelerated by the adoption of 802.11ac and 802.11ax Wi-Fi, is propelling the migration from 1GbE to Multigigabit at the access and, driving the need for faster networks at the aggregation and core. Workgroups and data center servers are migrating from 1GbE connectivity to 10GbE Copper or 25GbE Fiber with 100GbE uplinks to keep up with application demands.
Benefits | Premium core/aggregation switching
- Network core layer can be distributed across the campus, deploying ports and switching capacity where they are needed.
- The performance, scalability, and availability of a high-end enterprise-class chassis.
- The deployment flexibility of fixed form factor switches
40GbE and 100GbE for maximum performance
- Up to 32x 40/100 GbE ports per switch.
- Up to 8x 100 GbE stacking ports, 1.6 Tbps of stacking bandwidth per switch.
- Deliver the performance and scalability required by future generations of wireless access points, IoT and LTE devices.
Highly resilient core switching
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans
- In-Service Software Upgrades (ISSU)
- Multi-Chassis Trunking (MCT) for core failover with load-balancing
- Hitless stack insertion and removal
Market-leading stacking scalability
- Up to 12 switches per stack
- Up to 10 km using standard optics or cables
- Up to 8x 40/100GbE standard QSFP28 stacking ports
Advanced L3 routing delivers design flexibility
- IPv4 and IPv6
- BGP, OSPF, VRRP, PIM, PBR, VRF
Data center leaf/spine deployment with 25 & 100 GbE
- Up to 48x 10/25GbE port per leaf switch for server connectivity
- Up to 48x 10GBASE-T copper ports per leaf switch for server connectivity
- Up to 32x 40/100 GbE ports per spine switch
Security and data privacy
- MACsec 128-bit and 256-bit data encryption ensures compliance and data confidentiality
Organizations are rapidly migrating applications from private data centers to the cloud requiring always-on, reliable, high-speed connections to the cloud and resulting in reduced data centers size for which most large chassis/routers are overkill and too complex and expensive to deploy.