The FortiGate-1240B appliance raises the bar in network security devices by integrating a purpose-built processor, known as the FortiASIC™ Network Processor, into the FortiGate system to deliver security throughput at switching speeds. Thirty-eight hardware accelerated ports, of the 40 total on the system, allow networks to enforce firewall policy between network segmentation points for layered security with switch-like performance. An additional purpose-built processor, known as the FortiASIC Content Processor, provides additional acceleration for content intensive security technologies such as intrusion prevention and antivirus scanning. The inclusion of an Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC) expansion bay and Fortinet Storage Module (FSM) bays allow for even more flexibility, offering additional ASIC-accelerated ports for additional throughput or disk-based storage for local logging and content archiving. With numerous accelerated multi-threat security interfaces, organizations can create multiple security zones for various departments, users, access methods, and even devices to enforce network security at accelerated speeds.
- FortiGate multi-threat security provides better protection and lowered costs over multiple point security products
- FortiASIC processors provide assurance that the security device will not become a bottleneck in the network
- Forty total ports (standard) facilitates numerous internal segmentation points throughout the network
- AMC and FSM expansion bays provide greater flexibility by supporting additional hardware-accelerated ports and localized storage of event data
- FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer centralized management and reporting appliances simplify the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of the security infrastructure