The Brocade® 6505 Switch with Gen 5 Fibre Channel provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in an entry-level switch. Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the Brocade 6505 is configurable in 12 or 24 ports and supports 2, 4, 8, or 16 Gbps speeds in an efficiently designed 1U package. It comes standard with a single power supply with integrated fans. A second, optional power supply provides additional redundancy for increased resiliency.
A simplified deployment process and a point-and-click user interface make the Brocade 6505 both powerful and easy to use. Moreover, the Brocade 6505 offers low-cost access to industry-leading Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology while providing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
Exceptional Price/Performance for Growing SAN Workloads
The Brocade 6505 combines market-leading throughput with an affordable switch form factor, making it ideal for growing SAN workloads. The 24 ports produce an aggregate 384 Gbps full-duplex throughput; any eight ports can be trunked for 128 Gbps Inter-Switch Links (ISLs). Exchange-based Dynamic Path Selection (DPS) optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to the most efficient and available path in the fabric (see Figure 1). It augments Brocade ISL Trunking to provide more effective load balancing in certain configurations.
In addition, the Brocade 6505 provides a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) thanks to a 12-port base configuration, easy administration, 1U footprint, and low-energy consumption—0.22 watts per Gbps and 3.3 watts per port. Enterprise-class capabilities combined with a low TCO yield 40 percent higher performance compared to 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) alternatives at a similar cost.
- Provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in a 24-port, 1U entry-level switch
- Enables fast, easy, and cost-effective scaling from 12 to 24 ports
- Leverages Brocade Fabric Vision technology’s powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs
- Helps pinpoint problems faster and simplify SAN configuration and management with Brocade Network Advisor
- Simplifies deployment with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard and supports high-performance fabrics by using Brocade ClearLink D_Ports to identify optic and cable issues
- Maximizes resiliency with non-disruptive software upgrades and an optional redundant power supply