The HPE 5500 HI Switch Series comprises Gigabit Ethernet switches that deliver outstanding resiliency, security, and multiservice support capabilities at the edge layer of data center, large campus, and metro Ethernet networks. The switches can also be used in the core layer of SMB networks.
With Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) support and available dual power supplies, the HPE 5500 HI Switch Series can deliver the highest levels of resiliency and manageability. In addition, the PoE+ models provide up to 1,440 W of PoE+ power with the dual power supply configuration.
Designed with two fixed 10GbE ports and extension module flexibility, these switches can provide up to six 10GbE uplink or 70GbE ports. With complete IPv4/IPv6, OpenFlow, and MPLS/VPLS features, the series provides investment protection with an easy transition from IPv4 to IPv6 networks.
- High expandability for investment protection
- Premium resiliency and integrated management
- SDN readiness with OpenFlow support
- Fully featured IPv4/IPv6 dual stack
- 1,440 W of PoE+ power using dual power supplies for high resiliency