The HPE Altoline 6940 Switch Series are top-of-rack (TOR) or spine switches for high-performance data centers. In a compact 1RU form factor, the switch provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across up to 32 x QSFP ports, supporting 10GbE or 40GbE server connections as a ToR switch, or 10GbE or 40GbE spine interconnects as a spine switch.
The 32 fixed QSFP ports support up to 32 x 40GbE connections or 96 x 10GbE with 8 x 40GbE uplink connections.
The HPE Altoline 6940 Switch Series are bare-metal switches loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation of compatible independent switch OS offerings.
- High 40GbE port density and low latency for demanding applications.
- ONIE boot loader for choice of network OS and easy installation.
- Open-networking and disaggregated solution for customer choice.
- VXLAN for efficient network virtualization overlay solutions.
- x86 CPU, 40GbE and redundant fans and power supplies for data center deployments.