DELL EMC POWEREDGE R740xd
Maximize storage performance and scalability
The PowerEdge R740xd delivers a perfect balance between storage scalability and performance. The 2U two-socket platform is ideal for software defined storage, service providers or as virtual desktop infrastructure.
Maximize performance and capacity
The scalable system architecture behind the R740xd with up to 24 NVMe drives creates the ideal balance between scalability and performance. The R740xd versatility is highlighted with the ability to mix any drive type to create the optimum configuration of NVMe, SSD and HDD for either performance, capacity or both. The R740xd is the platform of choice for software defined storage and is the foundation for ScaleIO, VSAN or the PowerEdge XC.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 24 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales to meet demands.
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
- Simplify and accelerate ScaleIO or VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
Automate systems management with OpenManage
Dell EMC PowerEdge servers with OpenManage™ technology work at peak efficiency for PowerEdge servers, delivering intelligent, automated management of routine tasks. Combined with unique agent-free management capabilities, the R740xd is simply managed, freeing up time for high profile projects.
- Simplify management with the New OpenManage Enterprise console, with customized reporting and automatic discovery.
- Take advantage of QuickSync 2 capabilities and gain access to your servers easily through your phone or tablet.
Ensure server security from factory to you
Every PowerEdge server is designed as part of a cyber resilient architecture, integrating security into the full server life cycle. The R740xd leverages new security features built-into every new PowerEdge server strengthening protection so you can reliably and securely deliver accurate data to your customers no matter where they are. By considering each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, Dell EMC ensures trust and delivers a worry-free, secure infrastructure without compromise.
- Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from factory to the data center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot.
- Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.