As business and user demands continue to evolve, Aruba Central offers organizations a simple, secure and cost-effective way to deploy, manage and monitor wired and wireless networks. Zero touch provisioning, centralized visibility and the ability to offload capital and operating expenses are key considerations.
Aruba Central not only helps get your network up and running quickly, but the intuitive dashboards make monitoring, troubleshooting, and firmware management easy, from anywhere – no onsite technical expertise required.
Advanced capabilities, not typically included in network management solutions, like customizable guest access, user connectivity insights, and analytics that identify user presence and traffic, extend the value of the cloud-based solution.
Simplify network set up and offload IT resources by directly shipping Aruba Instant APs and Aruba Switches to remote sites.
Any non-technical person can simply unpack and power up the APs or switches. They automatically download their configuration and firmware from Aruba Central and the network is up and running in minutes.
SIMPLE NETWORK MONITORING AND TROUBLESHOOTING
Ensure network performance via an intuitive user interface along with contextual help that not only offers complete visibility across all networks/sites, connected devices and usage, but also provides step-by-step instructions for common admin tasks.
- View performance and network usage including connected clients, bandwidth usage, and application traffic.
- Drill into individual access points for RF health, memory usage, event logs and more for fast troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot via the graphical user interface (GUI) or command line interface (CLI).
- Search for APs and switches by name, MAC address, serial number, or any other attribute.
- Easily detect rogue devices and interferences using Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS).
ENTERPRISE-CLASS APPLICATION CONTROL
Know how your network is used and control application and web traffic usage. Aruba AppRF is a built-in feature that helps optimize app use and unwanted web surfing – no need for additional solutions and appliances.
- View, analyze and control client traffic based on individual applications, as well as categories of application types, websites visited, and website reputation.
- Control priority, bandwidth and access rules to apps and websites based on configured roles.
CENTRALIZED MAINTENANCE & FIRMWARE UPDATES
Maintain complete control of your network by choosing how to organize and when to automate maintenance functions.
- Create groups and tag devices with labels to simplify firmware management and configuration.
- Choose to schedule or perform on-demand firmware updates.
- Provide role-based access to different administrators with varied levels of privileges to view and manage.
MOBILE-FRIENDLY GUEST ACCESS
Customize and simplify visitor access with fully secure and scalable guest Wi-Fi solution. Create log-in portals in minutes for all of your locations that includes your branding with logo, colors, terms and conditions, and more.
For an enhanced user and staff experience, well-known login methods provide the flexibility to support short term and long term access:
- Self-registration logins that are anonymous or require user information to get started.
- Sponsor workflows – allows receptionists, event coordinators and other non-IT staff to create guest accounts for long term guests.
- Social logins that leverage Facebook, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn credentials.
Utilize Facebook Wi-Fi if you are a business with a Facebook business page.
INSIGHTFUL CONNECTIVITY ANALYTICS
Deliver a better user experience by understanding what is happening as users connect to your Aruba wireless APs. Get end-to-end visibility into connectivity performance metrics to tackle problems before they escalate.
- Monitor critical network services, such as response times and failures for devices that associate to Wi-Fi radios, authentication servers, and DHCP and DNS services.
- Identify issues and root causes faster with automatic connectivity health baselining and insights based on machine leaning.
INFORMATIVE PRESENCE ANALYTICS
Get meaningful insight into foot traffic patterns and engagement as users maneuver your site. Your Aruba Wi-Fi equipment provides added business value by capturing smart phone and laptop Wi-Fi signals so that you optimize how your facilities are being used and where to place displays, goods, and offers.
- Real-time and historical data outlines total passersby by location, how many enter a space, how long people dwell and where.
- Easily compare metrics across multiple locations and timeframes.
Capturing this valuable information does not require installation and management of additional hardware. More importantly, mobile users do not need to be connected to the network to gather this essential data.
REPORTING AND ALERTS MADE SIMPLE
Stay on top of your network with scheduled or on-demand reports and customizable alerts.
- Generate reports for viewing network details, PCI compliance, security, inventory management, client usage, application traffic, RF health, capacity planning and configuration audits.
- Set alerts for critical events and choose how, how often and what event alerts you want to receive.
WE KEEP IT SECURE AND ALWAYS-ON
Aruba Central’s architecture delivers reliability, security, and performance.
- Web-scale database design ensures responsive performance, even when working with huge amounts of data.
- Hosting in data centers established according to security and operational best practices, assures compliance regulations and certificates including: SOC 1, SOC 2 & SOC 3, FISMA, DIACAP, DOD CSM Levels 1-5, PCI DSS Level 1, ISO 27001, ITAR, FIPS 140-2, and MTCS Level 3.
- Redundancy with automatic fail-over across multiple data centers connected with fast, fiber-optic networking, offers performance and high availability.
- HTTPS connections with strong mutual authentication using certificates stored in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chips on Aruba hardware ensures highest level of protection and secure communications between cloudbased Aruba Central and onsite Aruba infrastructure.
- For security that goes beyond regulatory standards, Aruba Central offers Two-Factor Authentication and Role-based Access Control as additional measures to minimize risk.
CUSTOMIZABLE SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
Choose 1, 3 or 5 year subscription that easily adapts to both your business needs and budgets.
- Start with a Device Management subscription if all you need is wired and wireless network management and monitoring capabilities.
- Add Services to take advantage of Guest Wi-Fi, Presence and Connectivity Analytics.
Subscription also includes:
- Phone and online support for any technical issues with Aruba Central and managed network devices.
- Access to the latest managed devices firmware releases.