The FortiAP-221B is a concealable 802.11a/b/g/n wireless access point. When paired with the FortiGate® embedded wireless controller, it can deliver up to 600 Mbps of secure business-grade wireless throughput. The FortiAP-221B features dual-concurrent radios that are ideal for demanding client access for indoor deployments. The FAP-221B is specially designed with PCI-DSS security compliance in mind. One radio can be configured to automatically switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, while the second radio delivers uninterrupted high throughput access to Wi-Fi clients.
The FAP-221B sports the latest generation of wireless hardware, enabling advanced 802.11n technologies and features. These features include Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) encoding, Maximum Likelihood Demodulation/Maximum Ratio Combining (MLD/MRC), and Transmit Beam Forming (TxBF). The end result is an impressive increase in performance and coverage.
FortiAP-221B Features & Benefits
- Two radios provide simultaneous 802.11a/b/g/n connections with high throughput
- Support for 802.3af PoE or standard power adapter
- Advanced 802.11n to enhance rate-over-range
- Simultaneous rogue AP detection, monitoring and control (suppression) as well as client access
- WPA™ and WPA2™, 802.11i, WEP, 802.1X, PSK
- Encryption: AES:CCMP, TKIP, and RC4 (WEP only)
- Intra-SSID privacy for Hotspot
- Layer 7 traffic prioritization for business-grade application performance guarantees
- Fast roaming for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity and VOIP over WLAN operations
- Centralized management and reporting with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer
- Global profile management
- Distributed Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (DARRP)