The FortiGate-51B appliance offers complete security and high performance for small and medium enterprises, remote offices, branch offices, and customer premise equipment networks. Its FortiOS operating system offers a full suite of security services in one hardened platform: antivirus/antispyware/antimalware, intrusion prevention (IPS), web filtering, stateful firewall and traffic shaping, and IPSec/SSL VPN.
Taking advantage of the new FortiOS 4.0 operating system, the FG-51B boasts data leakage prevention, identity-based policies, IPS enhancements, and application control to offer protection against Web 2.0 threats and evasive applications and users. Shipping with a built-in solid state disk drive, the FG-51B also supports the new WAN Optimization features of FortiOS 4.0. This WAN Optimization functionality increases network performance by reducing the amount of communication and data transmitted between applications and servers across a WAN.
- WAN Optimization-enabled to reduce data transmissions between remote offices, reducing bandwidth requirements and server resource requirements for improved network speeds and reduced costs.
- Local hard disk drive facilitates compliance through local logging and quarantine, with auditable logs stored locally.
- Integrated, all-in-one security delivers enterprise-class multi-threat protection for small-businesses, remote offices, and home offices.
- Dual WAN links for redundant ISP connections deliver higher availability with load balancing and failover, and bring scalability and reliability to telecommuters and SOHO applications.
- Three internal switch ports eliminate the need for an additional hub, reducing equipment investment and management burden.