BlackDiamond 8800 series switches simplify the enterprise network.
Enterprise IT managers have limited time or resources to deal with overly complex, specialized network infrastructure solutions. BlackDiamond® 8800 series switches from Extreme Networks® simplify the architecture. Purpose-built core, aggregation, edge and Data Center modules can meet your chassis needs across the network. Traditional three-tier architectures can be replaced with a streamlined two-tier network that reduces management overhead, operational complexity and capital expenditures.
BlackDiamond 8800 series switches deliver voice-class availability, high-density Power over Ethernet (PoE), Gigabit Ethernet, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet wherever it’s needed. They serve well as a high-performance Enterprise core. The non-blocking ports interconnect thousands of servers for High Performance Cluster Computing (HPCC) and data center applications. A full range of Layers 2 - 4 features for IPv4 and IPv6 allow the aggregation of high-speed connections, eliminating bottlenecks between edge and core. BlackDiamond 8800 fits well at the edge of the most demanding enterprises switching Voice-over-IP (VoIP), video, wireless and data traffic.
- Cost-effective edge switch for the wiring closet
- High-density PoE edge switch for integrated wired, wireless and IP Telephony
- Single switch network solution that scales from small to medium to large deployments
- High density Gigabit or 10 Gigabit Ethernet aggregation switch
- Interconnect switch providing low-latency connections for HPCC and data center
Benefits & Features
High-Performance Connectivity at Low Power
- High-density gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Large switching capacity and high port density
- Convergence-ready connectivity with Voice over IP automatic provisioning
- Flexible connectivity options for multiple applications
- Low power consumption for reduced power and cooling costs
- Redundant system design
- Modular ExtremeXOS® Operating System (OS) for non-stop operations
- Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) resiliency protocol
Comprehensive Security Providing Defense-In-Depth
- Universal Port dynamic security profile to provide fine-grained security policies
- Threat detection and response instrumentation to react to network intrusion with CLEAR-Flow Security Rules Engine
- Hardened network infrastructure
- Common Criteria EAL3+ Certified