BlackDiamond X Series
Designed for large, virtualized data centers and clouds, the Extreme Networks BlackDiamond® X8 switch provides high density 10GbE and 40GbE. Furthermore, the BlackDiamond X8 was built with green operations in mind, resulting in low per port power consumption, which when combined with high density, can result in a lower Total Cost of Ownership.
With massive scalability, the BlackDiamond X8 offers 2.56Tbps per slot capacity and more than 20Tbps total switching capacity with 768 ports of line rate 10GbE or 192 ports of line rate 40GbE in a single chassis. All of this is offered in a relatively small footprint of only 14.5 RU, or one-third of a standard rack.
The BlackDiamond X8 provides a standards-based “fabric in a box” which can eliminate expensive multiple-box and multi-tier solutions—along with their inter-device connectivity, uplink bandwidth and latency challenges. The BlackDiamond X8 has the ability to automatically track and report 128,000 virtual machines (VMs) and automatically migrates Virtual Port Profiles (VPPs) in a touch-less manner through with XNV™ (ExtremeXOS® Network Virtualization). Automated configuration and provisioning further contribute to simplicity of deployment and operation.
Benefits & Features
- High density 40 GbE and 10 GbE switch for enterprise core and cloud-based data centers
- Converged Ethernet fabric with full Data Center Bridging support
- 192 wire speed 40 GbE or 768 10 GbE ports in one third of a rack; 576 40 GbE or 2,304 10 GbE ports per seven-foot rack
- More than 20 Tbps switching capacity with bidirectional 1.28 Tbps switching bandwidth per slot with N+1 lossless switching fabric design
- 2.3 µs latency
- 5.6 watts per 10 Gigabit Ethernet port
- 128,000 Virtual Machines (VMs) using standards-based VEPA mode