The FortiWeb-1000C is a web security appliance designed for medium and large enterprises that protects, balances, and accelerates web applications, databases, and the information exchanged between them. The FortiWeb-1000C platform goes beyond traditional web application firewall (WAF) security devices to provide Web vulnerability scanner, application acceleration, and server load balancing to set new standards for the capabilities of a web security appliance.
FortiWeb-1000C Features & Benefits
- Provides multiple protection layers to prevent attacks against vulnerable web applications: Application signatures, HTTP RFC compliance, auto-learn based violations, data leak prevention, and authentication capabilities
- Automatically and dynamically profiles user activity to create a baseline of allowed activity and generate security profiles
- Aids in PCI DSS 6.6 compliance by protecting against the OWASP top 10 web application vulnerabilities
- Web vulnerability scanner provides analysis of existing application vulnerabilities complementing web application firewall for PCI DSS.
- Accelerates transactions with hardware based SSL encryption offload, Data compression and TCP multiplexing
- Leverages an intelligent, application-aware load-balancing engine to distribute traffic and route content across multiple web servers
Need for PCI DSS Compliance
Network security threats have evolved to target web-based applications that are the interface to confidential information stored on back-end databases. In response to major security breaches, the credit card industry created the PCI standards. However, ensuring any web-application is free of vulnerabilities is complicated by the ongoing discovery of new vulnerabilities, patching challenges, code revisions, time-to-market pressures, the inherent difficulty of vulnerability identification, and even access to the application code.
Unmatched Protection for Web Applications
The FortiWeb family of web application firewalls provides specialized, layered application threat protection for medium and large enterprises, application service providers, and SaaS providers. FortiWeb web application protects your web-based applications and internet-facing data from attack and data loss. Using advanced techniques to provide bidirectional protection against sophisticated threats like SQL injection and cross-site scripting, FortiWeb platforms help you prevent identity theft, financial fraud and corporate espionage. FortiWeb delivers the technology you need to monitor and enforce government regulations, industry best practices, and internal policies.
Accelerate Deployment and Lower Costs
FortiWeb significantly reduces deployment costs by consolidating Web Application Firewall, web traffic acceleration, and application traffic balancing into a single device with no per-user pricing. It drastically reduces the time required to protect your regulated internet-facing data and eases the challenges associated with policy enforcement and regulatory compliance. Its intelligent, application-aware loadbalancing and data compression and optimization engine increases application performance, improves resource utilization and application stability while reducing server response times.