You cannot always trust your users with your network security. Relying solely on static passwords for remote access to your VPN and web sites provides only weak authentication because your users’ passwords are vulnerable to theft or guessing, as well as dictionary and brute-force attacks. No matter the size of your network, easy-to-use-and-deploy, OATH compliant Time-based One Time Password (TOTP) tokens let you solve this problem affordably by adding a second factor for strong authentication. FortiToken 200CD tokens are shipped with an encrypted activation CD for the ultimate in OTP token seed security.
FortiToken-200CD Hardware (OTP) Token Features & Benefits
- Extremely secure, strong authentication using OTP tokens ensures a high degree of identity certainty and enhances online trust
- No additional server hardware or software required if using FortiGate as the authentication server
- Totally scalable security solution meets compliance requirements (e.g., HIPAA, PCI, FFIEC) and industry best-practices for all deployment sizes
- Long battery life, perpetual license, simple deployment model, and minimal required infrastructure gives you low cost of ownership for your strong authentication solution
- Zero client footprint lets you easily administer tokens for your remote users while the low learning curve ensures quick and painless adoption by end-users
- Tokens can be used for authentication to multiple online systems, and you can quickly reassign them among users, protecting your investment
- Encrypted seed file on CD shipped in tamper-evident packaging allows you to always be in control of your OTP seeds and provides the highest confidence that your seeds will never be subject to an online attack.
Leverage Existing Fortinet Platforms
Besides offering out-of-the-box interoperability with any time-based OATH compliant authentication server, such as the FortiAuthenticator from Fortinet, the FortiToken can also be used directly with the FortiGate® consolidated security platform, including High Availability configurations. FortiGate has an integrated authentication server for validating the FortiToken-200 OTP as the second authentication factor for SSL VPN, IPSec VPN, Captive Portal and Administrative login, thereby eliminating the need for the external RADIUS server ordinarily required when implementing two-factor solutions.
Online Activation with FortiGuard
You can activate your FortiToken-200 tokens online directly from FortiGate or FortiAuthenticator using the FortiGuard® Center, which maintains your token seeds in a managed service repository. Once the seeds are activated, they can no longer be accessed from FortiGuard, ensuring that your seeds are safe from compromise.