The Industry’s Highest Capacity, Highest Performing Three-Stream 802.11n AP
Ruckus ZoneFlex 7982 is the industry’s first dual-band, three-stream 802.11n access point that incorporates Ruckus-patented BeamFlex+™ adaptive antenna arrays. Coupled with transmit beamforming (TxBF), when available, the ZoneFlex 7982 delivers the highest throughput of any AP in its class.
The ZoneFlex 7982 ensures the most reliable connectivity within challenging and ever-changing RF environments. With BeamFlex+, the ZoneFlex 7982 offers a 2-4x increase in performance and range and is capable of delivering up to 6 dB of signal-to-interference-plus-noise (SINR) improvement and up to 15 dB of interference mitigation over other APs. Capable of supporting 500 concurrent clients, the ZoneFlex 7982 simultaneously supports spatial multiplexing and BeamFlex+ to deliver the best price/performance of any three-stream 802.11n AP.
With a stream throughput of 450 Mbps per radio, the ZoneFlex 7982 ensures maximum throughput to three-stream capable clients while also improving single and dual-stream client performance. This is achieved through the unique combination of adaptive antenna technology, predictive channel selection and adaptive polarization diversity. Backward compatible with all existing clients, the ZoneFlex 7982 can function either as a standalone AP or as part of centrallymanaged Wireless LAN with the Ruckus ZoneDirector Smart WLAN controller.
ZoneFlex 7982 is purpose-built for high-capacity, high performance and interference-laden environments such as airports, public venues, hotels, universities and conference centers. The perfect choice for data-intensive streaming multimedia applications, the ZoneFlex 7982 delivers picture perfect HD-quality IP video while supporting VoIP and data applications that have stringent quality of service requirements.
Smart Meshing makes the ZoneFlex 7982 ideal for reliably extending Wi-Fi services to areas where cabling Ethernet isn’t possible or economical — saving time and money.
- Industry’s highest performing three-stream AP ZoneFlex 7982 delivers up to 4x higher TCP throughput increases over competitive three-stream APs across all distances
- High concurrent client capacity Capable of supporting up to 500 unencrypted concurrent client stations per AP
- Reduced Wi-Fi interference Up to 15 dB of interference mitigation and a 50 percent reduction in interference to neighboring APs
- Flexible deployment options Standalone with router functionality or controllerbased deployment with any of Ruckus ZoneDirectors
- Dual concurrent 3x3:3 MIMO and BeamFlex+ Three spatial streams combined with BeamFlex+ adaptive antenna technology ensures the most throughput out of the total 900 Mbps available without the client capabilities for transmit beamforming
- Adaptive polarization diversity with MRC (PD-MRC) Dual-polarized antennas that are dynamically selected provide better reception for hard to hear clients and more consistent performance as clients constantly change orientation
- Improved performance to legacy clients Increases throughput to single and dual-stream clients by combining BeamFlex+, polarization diversity and three radio chains
- Best in class channel selection with ChannelFly™ Capacity-driven channel selection predict and automatically selects best performing channel based on statistical, real-time capacity analysis of all RF channels