High-Performance Enterprise-Class SSDs
In today’s economy, time is money—and accelerating access to data is a proven success formula for enterprises and service providers worldwide. HGST® s800 Series SAS SSDs are a uniquely engineered family of solid-state drives (SSDs) that outperform conventional hard disk drives by breaking the bottlenecks associated with rotating media to take sustainable IOPS performance to new levels.
In addition to their world-class performance, s800 Series SAS SSDs are the most reliable, longest lasting SSD solutions now available for the enterprisem market. Based on fourth-generation HGST patented SSD controller technology, s800 Series SAS SSDs deliver the best performance, endurance (i.e., device lifetimes) and reliability that is unmatched in the industry.
Features and Benefits
- Serial Attached SCSI interface in a 2.5-inch form factor - Industry’s gold standard for enterprise performance SSDs supporting servers and Tier-0 storage applications
- High performance - Random transactional performance exceeds 115,000 sustained IOPS, with sustained random or sequential large block transfers up to 530MB/s
- Power/performance efficiency - A single s800 Series SAS SSD replaces large numbers of enterprise HDDs while delivering superior performance and data persistence, instant backup and recovery in the event of an unplanned power failure
- Secure Array of Flash Elements™ (SAFE) Technology - Provides the ability to recover from NAND flash page, block, die and chip failures, and maximizes the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Data Loss (MTTDL)
- CellCare™ Technology - Extends the life of flash media to deliver enterprise-class endurance through advanced signal processing and adaptive flash management algorithms
- s840 SAS SSD - Fourth generation s800 Series SAS products. These come in 200GB and 400GB capacities
- s842 SAS SSD - Offers largest capacity SSD in the industry, up to 2TB. Is ideally suited for high-performance applications that need unmatched endurance