FortiGate 60F and 61F
Unified Threat Management
The FortiGate 60F series offers an excellent Security and SD-WAN solution in a compact fanless desktop form factor for enterprise branch offices and mid-sized businesses. Protect against cyber threats with industry-leading secure SD-WAN in a simple, affordable and easy to deploy solution.
- Identifies thousands of applications inside network traffic for deep inspection and granular policy enforcement
- Protects against malware, exploits, and malicious websites in both encrypted and non-encrypted traffic
- Prevent and detect against known and unknown attacks using continuous threat intelligence from AI powered FortiGuard Labs security services
- Delivers industry’s best threat protection performance and ultra-low latency using purpose-built security processor (SPU) technology
- Provides industry-leading performance and protection for SSL encrypted traffic
- Independently tested and validated best security effectiveness and performance
- Received unparalleled third-party certifications from NSS Labs, ICSA, Virus Bulletin and AV Comparatives
- Best of Breed SD-WAN capabilities to enable application steering using WAN path control for high quality of experience
- Delivers advanced networking capabilities, high-performance, and scalable IPsec VPN capabilities
- Includes Management Console that’s effective, simple to use, and provides comprehensive network automation & visibility
- Provides Zero Touch Integration with Security Fabric’s Single Pane of Glass Management
- Predefined compliance checklist analyzes the deployment and highlights best practices to improve overall security posture
- Enables Fortinet and Fabric-ready partners’ products to provide broader visibility, integrated end-to-end detection, threat intelligence sharing and automated remediation
- Automatically builds Network Topology visualizations which discover IoT devices and provide complete visibility into Fortinet and Fabric-ready partner products
|10 Gbps||1.4 Gbps||1 Gbps||700 Mbps||Multiple GE RJ45 | WiFi variants with internal storage|
|Threat Protection||700 Mbps|
|Interfaces||Multiple GE RJ45 | WiFi variants with internal storage|
- Integrated wired and wireless networking to simplify IT
- Purpose-built hardware for industry best performance with easy administration through cloud management
- Provides consolidated security and networking for small businesses and consistently provides top-rated threat protection
- Proactively blocks newly discovered sophisticated attacks in real-time with advanced threat protection
- Secure direct Internet access for Cloud Applications for improved latency and reduce WAN cost spending
- High-performance and cost-effective threat protection capabilities
- WAN Path Controller and Link Health Monitoring for better application performance and quality of experience
- Security Processer powered industry’s best IPsec VPN and SSL Inspection performance
- Simplified Management and Zero Touch deployment
- (1) USB Port
- (2) Console Port
- (3) 2x GE RJ45 WAN Ports
- (4) 1x GE RJ45 DMZ Port
- (5) 2x GE RJ45 FortiLink Ports
- (6) 5x GE RJ45 Internal Ports
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinet’s proprietary Security Processing Unit (SPU) content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Delivers industry’s fastest application identification and steering for efficient business operations
- Accelerates IPsec VPN performance for best user experience on direct internet access
- Enables the best of breed NGFW Security and Deep SSL inspection with high performance
- Extends security to access layer to enable SD-Branch transformation with accelerated and integrated switch and access point connectivity
3G/4G WAN Connectivity
The FortiGate 60F Series includes a USB port that allows you to plug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
Compact and Reliable Form Factor
Designed for small environments, you can place it on a desktop or wall-mount it. It is small, lightweight yet highly reliable with superior MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), minimizing the chance of a network disruption.
Extends Security to Access Layer with FortiLink Ports
FortiLink protocol enables you to converge security and the network access by integrating the FortiSwitch into the FortiGate as a logical extension of the NGFW. These FortiLink enabled ports can be reconfigured as regular ports as needed.
Fortinet Security Fabric
The Security Fabric delivers broad visibility, integrated AI-driven breach prevention, and automated operations, orchestration, and response across all Fortinet and its ecosystem deployments. It allows security to dynamically expand and adapt as more and more workloads and data are added. Security seamlessly follows and protects data, users, and applications as they move between IoT, devices, and cloud environments throughout the network. All this is ties together under a single pane of glass management for significantly thereby delivering leading security capabilities across your entire environment while also significantly reducing complexity. FortiGates are the foundation of Security Fabric, expanding security via visibility and control by tightly integrating with other Fortinet security products and Fabric-Ready Partner solutions.
Control all security and networking capabilities across the entire FortiGate platform with one intuitive operating system. Reduce complexity, costs, and response time with a truly consolidated nextgeneration security platform.
- A truly consolidated platform with a single OS and pane-of glass for all security and networking services across all FortiGate platforms.
- Industry-leading protection: NSS Labs Recommended, VB100, AV Comparatives, and ICSA validated security and performance.
- Ability to leverage latest technologies such as deception-based security.
- Control thousands of applications, block the latest exploits, and filter web traffic based on millions of real-time URL ratings in addition to true TLS 1.3 support.
- Prevent, detect, and mitigate advanced attacks automatically in minutes with integrated AI-driven breach prevention and advanced threat protection.
- Improved user experience with innovative SD-WAN capabilities and ability to detect, contain and isolate threats with Intent-based Segmentation.
- Utilize SPU hardware acceleration to boost security capability performance.
FortiGuard Labs offers real-time intelligence on the threat landscape, delivering comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet’s solutions. Comprised of security threat researchers, engineers, and forensic specialists, the team collaborates with the world’s leading threat monitoring organizations and other network and security vendors, as well as law enforcement agencies.
Our FortiCare customer support team provides global technical support for all Fortinet products. With support staff in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, FortiCare offers services to meet the needs of enterprises of all sizes.
|FORTIGATE 60F||FORTIGATE 61F|
|GE RJ45 WAN / DMZ Ports||2 / 1|
|GE RJ45 Internal Ports||5|
|GE RJ45 Internal Ports||2|
|GE RJ45 PoE/+ Ports|
|Wireless Interface||Single Radio
|Internal Storage||1x 128 GB SSD|
|System Performance — Enterprise Traffic Mix|
|IPS Throughput 2||1.4 Gbps|
|NGFW Throughput 2, 4||1 Gbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput 2, 5||700 Mbps|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||10/10/6 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||4 μs|
|Firewall Throughput (Packets Per Second)||9 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||700,000|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||35,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte) 1||6.5 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||200|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||500|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||900 Mbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum, Tunnel Mode)||200|
|SSL Inspection Throughput (IPS, avg. HTTPS) 3||750 Mbps|
|SSL Inspection CPS (IPS, avg. HTTPS) 3||400|
|SSL Inspection Concurrent Session (IPS, avg. HTTPS) 3||55,000|
|Application Control Throughput (HTTP 64K) 2||1.8 Gbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput (HTTP 64K)||15 Gbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiSwitches Supported||16|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel Mode)||30 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||500|
|Maximum Number of Registered FortiClients||200|
|High Availability Configurations||Active / Active, Active / Passive, Clustering|
|FORTIGATE 60F||FORTIGATE 61F|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.5 x 8.5 x 6.3|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||38 x 216 x 160|
|Weight||1.9 lbs (0.9 kg)||1.9 lbs (0.9 kg)|
|Operating Environment and Certifications|
|Power Required||Powered by External DC Power Adapter,
100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz
|Maximum Current||115V AC / 0.2A, 230V AC / 0.1A|
|Total Available PoE Power Budget*||N/A||N/A|
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||17.0 W / 18.5 W||17.2 W / 18.7 W|
|Heat Dissipation||363.1 BTU/hr||63.8 BTU/hr|
|Operating Temperature||32–104°F (0–40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31–158°F (-35–70°C)|
|Noise Level||Fanless 0 dBA|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Compliance||FCC Part 15 Class B, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/cUL, CB|
|Certifications||ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPsec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL-VPN|
Note: All performance values are “up to” and vary depending on system configuration.
- IPsec VPN performance test uses AES256-SHA256
- IPS (Enterprise Mix), Application Control, NGFW, and Threat Protection are measured with Logging enabled.
- SSL Inspection performance values use an average of HTTPS sessions of different cipher suites
- NGFW performance is measured with Firewall, IPS, and Application Control enabled.
- Threat Protection performance is measured with Firewall, IPS, Application Control, and Malware Protection enabled.
|FortiGate 60F||FG-60F||10x GE RJ45 ports (including 7x Internal ports, 2x WAN ports, 1x DMZ port). Maximum managed FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel) 30 / 10.|
|FortiGate 61F||FG-61F||10x GE RJ45 ports (including 7x Internal ports, 2x WAN ports, 1x DMZ port), 128 GB SSD onboard storage. Maximum managed FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel) 30 / 10.|
FortiGuard Labs delivers a number of security intelligence services to augment the FortiGate firewall platform. You can easily optimize the protection capabilities of your FortiGate with one of these FortiGuard Bundles.
|FortiGuard App Control Service|
|FortiGuard IPS Service|
|FortiGuard Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) — Antivirus, Mobile Malware,
Botnet, CDR, Virus Outbreak Protection and FortiSandbox Cloud Service
|FortiGuard Web Filtering Service|
|FortiGuard Antispam Service|
|FortiGuard Security Rating Service|
|FortiGuard Industrial Service|
|FortiGuard IoT Detection Service 2|
|IPAM Cloud 2|
|SD-WAN Orchestrator Entitlement 2|
|SD-WAN Cloud Assisted Monitoring|
|SD-WAN Overlay Controller VPN Service|
(1) 24×7 plus Advanced Services Ticket Handling
(2) Available when running FortiOS 6.4