FortiGate 80F, 80F-Bypass, and 81F
Next Generation Firewall
The FortiGate 80F series provides an application-centric, scalable, and secure SD-WAN solution in a compact, fanless, desktop form factor for enterprise branch offices and mid-sized businesses. Protects against cyber threats with system-on-a-chip acceleration and industry-leading secure SD-WAN in a simple, affordable, and easy to deploy solution. Fortinet’s Security-Driven Networking approach provides tight integration of the network to the new generation of security.
- Identifies thousands of applications inside network traffic for deep inspection and granular policy enforcement
- Protects against malware, exploits, and malicious websites in both encrypted and non-encrypted traffic
- Prevents and detects against known attacks using continuous threat intelligence from AI-powered FortiGuard Labs security services
- Proactively blocks unknown sophisticated attacks in real-time with the Fortinet Security Fabric integrated AI-powered FortiSandbox
- Engineered for Innovation using Fortinet’s purpose-built security processors (SPU) to deliver the industry’s best threat protection performance and ultra-low latency
- Provides industry-leading performance and protection for SSL encrypted traffic including the first firewall vendor to provide TLS 1.3 deep inspection
- Independently tested and validated best security effectiveness and performance
- Received unparalleled third-party certifications from NSS Labs, ICSA, Virus Bulletin, and AV Comparatives
- Dynamic Path Selection over any WAN transport to provide better application experience based on self-healing SD-WAN capabilities
- Advanced routing, scalable VPN, multi-cast, and IPV4/IPV6 forwarding powered by purpose-built network processors
- SD-WAN orchestration provides intuitive and simplified work-flow for centralized management and provisioning of business policies in a few easy clicks
- Expedited deployment with zero touch provisioning well-suited for large and distributed infrastructure
- Automated VPN tunnels for flexible hub-to-spoke and full-mesh deployment at scale to provide bandwidth aggregation and encrypted WAN paths
- Predefined compliance checklists analyze the deployment and highlight best practices to improve the overall security posture
- Enables Fortinet and Fabric-ready partners’ products to provide broader visibility, integrated end-to-end detection, threat intelligence sharing, and automated remediation
- Automatically builds Network Topology visualizations which discover IoT devices and provide complete visibility into Fortinet and Fabric-ready partner products
|10 Gbps||1.4 Gbps||1 Gbps||900 Mbps||Multiple GE RJ45 | WiFi variants with internal storage|
|Threat Protection||900 Mbps|
|Interfaces||Multiple GE RJ45 | Variants with internal storageand LAN Bypass|
- Reduce the complexity and maximize your ROI by integrating threat protection security capabilities into a single high-performance network security appliance, powered by Fortinet’s Security Processing Unit (SPU)
- Full visibility into users, devices, and applications across the entire attack surface and consistent security policy enforcement irrespective of asset location
- Protect against network exploitable vulnerabilities with industry-validated IPS that offers low latency and optimized network performance
- Automatically block threats on decrypted traffic using the industry’s highest SSL inspection performance, including the latest TLS 1.3 standard with mandated ciphers
- Proactively block newly discovered sophisticated attacks in real-time with AI-powered FortiGuard Labs and advanced threat protection services included in the Fortinet Security Fabric
- Consistent business application performance with accurate detection, dynamic WAN path steering on any best-performing WAN transport
- Accelerated multi-cloud access for faster SaaS adoption with cloud-on-ramp
- Self-healing networks with WAN edge high availability, sub-second traffic switchover-based, and real-time bandwidth compute-based traffic steering
- Automated overlay tunnels provides encryption and abstracts physical hybrid WAN making it simple to manage
- Simplified and intuitive workflow with SD-WAN orchestrator for management and zero touch deployment
- Enhanced analytics both real-time and historical provides visibility into network performance and identifies anomalies
- Strong security posture with next generation firewall and real-time threat protection
- (1) 2x GE RJ45/SFP Shared Media Ports
- (2) 1x Bypass GE RJ45 Port Pair (WAN1 & Port1, default configuration)*
- (3) 6x GE RJ45 Ports
- (4) 2x GE RJ45 FortiLink Ports
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinet’s proprietary Security Processing Unit (SPU) content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Delivers industry’s fastest application identification and steering for efficient business operations
- Accelerates IPsec VPN performance for best user experience on direct internet access
- Enables the best of breed NGFW Security and Deep SSL inspection with high performance
- Extends security to access layer to enable SD-Branch transformation with accelerated and integrated switch and access point connectivity
Bypass WAN/LAN Mode
The FortiGate-80F-Bypass offers a pair of bypass ports that help organizations avoid network communication interruption due to device faults and improve network reliability.
3G/4G WAN Connectivity
The FortiGate 80F Series includes a 3.0 USB port that allows you to plug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
Compact and Reliable Form Factor
Designed for small environments, you can place it on a desktop or wall-mount it. It is small, lightweight yet highly reliable with superior MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), minimizing the chance of a network disruption.
Fortinet Security Fabric
The Security Fabric delivers broad visibility, integrated AI-driven breach prevention, and automated operations, orchestration, and response across all Fortinet and its ecosystem deployments. It allows security to dynamically expand and adapt as more and more workloads and data are added. Security seamlessly follows and protects data, users, and applications as they move between IoT, devices, and cloud environments throughout the network. All this is ties together under a single pane of glass management for significantly thereby delivering leading security capabilities across your entire environment while also significantly reducing complexity. FortiGates are the foundation of Security Fabric, expanding security via visibility and control by tightly integrating with other Fortinet security products and Fabric-Ready Partner solutions.
FortiGates are the foundation of the Fortinet Security Fabric—the core is FortiOS. All security and networking capabilities across the entire FortiGate platform are controlled with one intuitive operating system. FortiOS reduces complexity, costs, and response times by truly consolidating next-generation security products and services into one platform.
- A truly consolidated platform with a single OS and pane-of glass for all security and networking services across all FortiGate platforms.
- Industry-leading protection: NSS Labs Recommended, VB100, AV Comparatives, and ICSA validated security and performance.
- Ability to leverage latest technologies such as deception-based security.
- Control thousands of applications, block the latest exploits, and filter web traffic based on millions of real-time URL ratings in addition to true TLS 1.3 support.
- Prevent, detect, and mitigate advanced attacks automatically in minutes with integrated AI-driven breach prevention and advanced threat protection.
- Improved user experience with innovative SD-WAN capabilities and ability to detect, contain and isolate threats with Intent-based Segmentation.
- Utilize SPU hardware acceleration to boost security capability performance.
FortiGuard Labs offers real-time intelligence on the threat landscape, delivering comprehensive security updates across the full range of Fortinet’s solutions. Comprised of security threat researchers, engineers, and forensic specialists, the team collaborates with the world’s leading threat monitoring organizations and other network and security vendors, as well as law enforcement agencies.
Our FortiCare customer support team provides global technical support for all Fortinet products. With support staff in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, FortiCare offers services to meet the needs of enterprises of all sizes.
|FORTIGATE 80F||FORTIGATE 80F-BYPASS||FORTIGATE 81F|
|GE RJ45/SFP Shared Media Pairs||2||2||2|
|GE RJ45 Internal Ports||6||6||6|
|GE RJ45 FortiLink Ports (Default)||2||2||2|
|Bypass GE RJ45 Port Pair (WAN1 & Port1, default configuration)||1|
|USB Ports 3.0||1||1||1|
|Internal Storage||1x 128 GB SSD|
|System Performance — Enterprise Traffic Mix|
|IPS Throughput 2||1 Gbps|
|NGFW Throughput 2, 4||1 Gbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput 2, 5||900 Mbps|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||10/10/7 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||3.23 μs|
|Firewall Throughput (Packets Per Second)||10.5 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||1.5 Million|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||45,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte) 1||6.5 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||200|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||2,500|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||950 Mbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum, Tunnel Mode)||200|
|SSL Inspection Throughput (IPS, avg. HTTPS) 3||715 Mbps|
|SSL Inspection CPS (IPS, avg. HTTPS) 3||700|
|SSL Inspection Concurrent Session (IPS, avg. HTTPS) 3||100,000|
|Application Control Throughput (HTTP 64K) 2||1.8 Gbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput (HTTP 64K)||9 Gbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiSwitches Supported||16|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel Mode)||96 / 48|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||500|
|High Availability Configurations||Active / Active, Active / Passive, Clustering|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.5 x 8.5 x 6.3|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||38.5 x 216 x 160|
|Weight||1.1 lbs (2.4 kg)|
|Form Factor||Desktop/Wall Mount/Rack Tray|
|FORTIGATE 80F||FORTIGATE 80F-BYPASS||FORTIGATE 81F|
|Operating Environment and Certifications|
|Input Rating||12Vdc, 3A (dual redundancy optional)|
|Power Required (Redundancy Optional)||Powered by up to 2 External DC Power Adapters (1 adapter included), 100–240V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||12.6W / 15.4W||12.6W / 15.4W||13.5W / 16.5W|
|Heat Dissipation||52.55 BTU/h||52.55 BTU/h||56.30 BTU/h|
|Operating Temperature||32–104°F (0–40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31–158°F (-35–70°C)|
|Noise Level||Fanless 0 dBA|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Compliance||FCC, ICES, CE, RCM, VCCI, BSMI, UL/cUL, CB|
|Certifications||ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPsec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL-VPN|
Note: All performance values are “up to” and vary depending on system configuration.
- IPsec VPN performance test uses AES256-SHA256
- IPS (Enterprise Mix), Application Control, NGFW, and Threat Protection are measured with Logging enabled.
- SSL Inspection performance values use an average of HTTPS sessions of different cipher suites
- NGFW performance is measured with Firewall, IPS, and Application Control enabled.
- Threat Protection performance is measured with Firewall, IPS, Application Control, and Malware Protection enabled.
|FortiGate 80F||FG-80F||8 x GE RJ45 ports, 2 x RJ45/SFP shared media WAN ports|
|FortiGate 80F-BYPASS||FG-81F||10x GE RJ45 ports (including 7x Internal ports, 2x WAN ports, 1x DMZ port), 128 GB SSD onboard storage. Maximum managed FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel) 30 / 10.|
|FortiGate 81F||FG-80F-Bypass||8 x GE RJ45 ports, 2 x RJ45/SFP shared media WAN ports, may be configured with 1 pair of LAN bypass|
|AC power adaptor||SP-FG60E-PDC-5||Pack of 5 AC power adaptors for FG/FWF 60E/61E, 60F/61F, 80E/81E and 80F/81F|
|Rack Mount Tray||SP-RACKTRAY-02||Rack mount tray for all FortiGate E series and F series desktop models|
|Wall Mount Kit||SP-FG60F-MOUNT-20||Pack of 20 wall mount kits for FG/FWF-40F series, FG/FWF-60F series, FG-80F, FG-81F and FG-80F-Bypass|
|1 GE SFP RJ45 Transceiver Module||FN-TRAN-GC||1 GE SFP RJ45 transceiver module for all systems with SFP and SFP/SFP+slots.|
|1 GE SFP SX Transceiver Module||FN-TRAN-SX||1 GE SFP SX transceiver module for all systems with SFP and SFP/SFP+ slots.|
|GE SFP LX Transceiver Module||FN-TRAN-LX||1 GE SFP LX transceiver module for all systems with SFP and SFP/SFP+ slots.|
FortiGuard Labs delivers a number of security intelligence services to augment the FortiGate firewall platform. You can easily optimize the protection capabilities of your FortiGate with one of these FortiGuard Bundles.
|360 Protection||Enterprise Protection||Unified Threat Protection||Threat Protection|
|FortiGuard App Control Service|
|FortiGuard IPS Service|
|FortiGuard Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) — Antivirus, Mobile Malware, Botnet, CDR, Virus Outbreak Protection and FortiSandbox Cloud Service|
|FortiGuard Web Filtering Service|
|FortiGuard Antispam Service|
|FortiGuard Security Rating Service|
|FortiGuard Industrial Service|
|FortiGuard IoT Detection Service 2|
|IPAM Cloud 2|
|SD-WAN Orchestrator Entitlement 2|
|SD-WAN Cloud Assisted Monitoring|
|SD-WAN Overlay Controller VPN Service|