The Brocade® 6510 Switch meets the demands of hyper-scale, private cloud storage environments by delivering market-leading Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology and capabilities that support highly virtualized environments. Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the Brocade 6510 is a high-performance, enterprise-class switch configurable in 24, 36, or 48 ports. It supports 2, 4, 8, 10, or 16 Gbps speeds in an efficiently designed 1U package.
A simplified deployment process and a point-and-click user interface make the Brocade 6510 both powerful and easy to use. The Brocade 6510 offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
Exceptional Price/Performance for Growing SAN Workloads
The Brocade 6510 with Gen 5 Fibre Channel delivers exceptional price/performance for growing SAN workloads through a combination of market-leading throughput and an affordable switch form factor. The 48 ports produce an aggregate 768 Gbps full-duplex throughput; any eight ports can be trunked for 128 Gbps Inter-Switch Links (ISLs). Exchange-based Dynamic Path Selection (DPS) optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to the most efficient available path in the fabric. It augments Brocade ISL Trunking to provide more effective load balancing in certain configurations.
- Provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in a 48-port switch
- Enables fast, easy, and cost-effective scaling from 24 to 48 ports
- Leverages Brocade Fabric Vision technology’s powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs
- Helps pinpoint problems faster and simplify SAN configuration and management with Brocade Network Advisor
- Simplifies deployment with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard and supports high-performance fabrics by using Brocade ClearLink D_Ports to identify optic and cable issues
- Maximizes availability with redundant, hot-pluggable components and non-disruptive software upgrades