Sophos Intercept X Advanced for Server exists in three versions; there’s Intercept X Advanced for Server, Intercept X Advanced for Server with XDR, and Intercept X Advanced for Server with Managed Threat Response (MTR).
A little about Sophos Intercept X Advanced
Prior to the introduction of the Sophos Intercept X series of solutions, Sophos offered Central Endpoint as its primary endpoint protection. As an older product, it doesn’t include deep learning AI, CryptoGuard, and many other protection features that make Intercept X a complete and effective security solution.
Then came the whole Intercept X family. There are several iterations of Intercept X. But the main differences between the Intercept X series and Sophos Central Endpoint is the addition of Deep Learning Malware Detection, Exploit Prevention, Malicious Traffic Detection, Active Adversary Mitigations, and a few other things.
Intercept X Advanced has a very robust suite of preventative security features in all of it’s iterations. For example, you gat Application Control, Deep-Learning Malware Detection, DLP, IPS, Safe Browsing, Exploit Prevention, and so on. It is a very defensive, reactive feature set. It’s just more powerful and advanced. We have explanations of the different flavors of Sophos Intercept X here.
Intercept X Advanced for Server explained
Intercept X Advanced for Server adds features like:
• Detailed Multi-Cloud Inventory – Enables you to visualize your entire cloud environment. Even in multi-cloud setups you get insight into configuration issues, resource waste and potential security issues.
• AI-Powered Anomaly Detection – AI constantly monitors your cloud environment. It will notify you of any irregularities and prevent configuration changes that would leave you vulnerable.
• Automated Assessment – This keeps your cloud infrastructure at peak performance with automated best-practice scans. You are then advised about necessary remediation steps.
• Server Lockdown – Prevents unauthorized programs from running on your servers. You are notified of any attempts to tamper with critical files.
• Cloud Security Posture Management – Detect suspicious access events, insecure hosts, containers and severless deployments.
And like all other Sophos products, Intercept X for Server is integrated into Sophos Central. This is your console for managing all things Sophos. Set up and manage all your Sophos stuff in one place.
Intercept X does a super job providing powerful and advanced threat protection that is scalable to any sized business. It provides any administrator or generalist with excellent malware defense, and it is constantly adding more features.
- Next-Gen protection
- Cloud Security Posture Management – see and secure your wider cloud environment
- Server controls including server lockdown, file integrity monitoring
- Automated Assessment keeps your cloud infrastructure at peak performance