Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances are ideal for organizations with large numbers of distributed sites. Since the MX is 100% cloud managed,
installation and remote management is simple. The MX has a comprehensive suite of network services, eliminating the need for multiple
appliances. These services include SD-WAN, Layer 7 application firewall, content filtering, web search filtering, SNORT® based intrusion prevention, web caching, 4G failover. Auto VPN is available on physical hardware and on a virtual appliance configurable in Amazon Web Services.
FEATURE-RICH UNIFIED THREAT MANAGEMENT(UTM) CAPABILITIES
- Application-aware traffic control: bandwidth policies for Layer 7 application types (e.g., YouTube, Skype, P2P).
- Content filtering: CIPA-compliant content filter, safe-seach enforcement (Google/Bing), and YouTube for Schools.
- Intrusion prevention: PCI-compliant IPS sensor using industry-leading SNORT® signature database from Cisco Sourcefire.
- Anti-virus and anti-phishing: flow-based protection engine powered by Kaspersky.
- Identity-based security policies and application management.
INDUSTRY-LEADING CLOUD MANAGEMENT
- Unified firewall, switching, wireless LAN, and mobile device management through an intuitive web-based dashboard.
- Template based settings scale easily from small deployments to tens of thousands of devices.
- Role-based administration, configurable email alerts for a variety of important events, and easily auditable change logs.
- Summary reports with user, device, and application usage details archived in the cloud.
INTELLIGENT SITE-TO-SITE VPN WITH MERAKI SD-WAN
- Auto VPN: automatic vpn route generation using IKE/IPsec setup. Runs on physical MX appliances and as a virtual instance within the Amazon AWS cloud.
- SD-WAN with active / active VPN, policy-based-routing, and dynamic VPN path selection.
- Interoperates with standards-based IPsec VPNs.
- Automated MPLS to VPN failover.
- Client VPN: L2TP IPsec support for native Windows, Mac OS X, iPad and Android clients with no per-user licensing fees.
BRANCH GATEWAY SERVICES
- Built-in DHCP, NAT, QoS, and VLAN management services.
- Web caching: accelerates frequently accessed content.
- Load balancing: combines multiple WAN links into a single highspeed interface, with policies for QoS, traffic shaping, and failover.
- Smart connection monitoring: automatic detection of layer 2 and layer 3 outages and fast failover, including 3G/4G USB modems.