The CradlePoint AER 2100 is the first in a new generation of cloud-managed 4G networking solutions that helps enterprises increase bandwidth and achieve five-nines reliability in a secure, flexible, and open architecture platform. As a cloud-managed solution, the CradlePoint AER is designed for the distributed enterprise to intelligently manage wired and 4G wireless connectivity for a more reliable “connected experience” at the edge. Network administrators can extend applications and services to remote branches with a solution that is customizable through the real-time deployment of cloud-enabled services, applications, and analytics. This all-in-one solution combined with CradlePoint’s Enterprise Class Support is defining a new standard for networking in the distributed enterprise.
A CradlePoint MC400 integrated 4G LTE modem comes standard with the AER 2100. Add a second integrated MC400 modem for a complete “cut-the-wire” 4G LTE solution, fusing enterprise reliability with unparalleled agility.
- WAN Security – IPS/IDS & Application Identification (subscription required), NAT, SPI, ALG, inbound filtering of IP addresses, port blocking, service filtering (FTP, SMTP, HTTP, RPL, SNMP, DNS, ICMP, NNTP, POP3, SSH), protocol filtering, WAN ping (allow/ignore)
- Redundancy and Load Balancing – Failover/failback on all WAN connections with rule selection; advanced load balancing options (round robin, spillover, data usage, rate); WAN failure detection; VRRP (subscription required)
- Intelligent Routing – UPnP, DMZ, virtual server/port forwarding, routing rules, NAT-less routing, wired or wireless WAN-to-LAN IP passthrough, route management, per-interface routing, content filtering, IP filtering, website filtering, per-client Web filtering, local DHCP server, DHCP client, DHCP relay, DNS, DNS proxy; ALGs: PPTP, L2TP, PPPoE passthrough, IPsec passthrough, FTP (passive), FTP (active), SIP, TFTP, IRC, MAC address filtering, Dynamic DNS, LAN/WAN affinity, VLAN support (802.1Q), STP, enterprise routing protocols: BGP/OSPF/RIP (subscription required), multicast proxy support, IP setting overrides, IPv6 support
- Management – Enterprise Cloud Manager: cloud-enabled management and application platform (subscription required); web-based GUI (local management), optional RADIUS or TACACS+ username/password; remote WAN web-based management w/ access control (HTTP, HTTPS); SNMP v1, v2c, & v3; CLI over SSH, SSH to serial, SSH to telnet; API; one-button firmware upgrade; modem configuration, update, and management; modem data usage w/ alerts, per-client data usage; custom AT scripting to modems; SMS for device recovery
- Performance & Health Monitoring – WiPipe™ advanced QoS with traffic shaping, with DSCP/DiffServe QoS, Modem Health Management (MHM) improves connectivity of modem, SSID-based priority, WAN port speed control, several levels of basic and advanced logging for troubleshooting
- VPN (IPsec) – Tunnel, NAT-T, and transport modes; connect to CradlePoint, Cisco/Linksys, CheckPoint, Watchguard, Juniper, SonicWall, Adtran and others; certificate support; Hash (MD5, SHA128, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512), Cipher (AES, 3DES, DES); support for 20 concurrent connections; GRE tunneling; L2TP support (subscription required); multiple networks supported in a single tunnel; OpenVPN/SSL VPN (subscription required); site-to-site dynamic VPN with NHRP (subscription required)
- GPS – Active GPS supported on most models (see attached); GUI mapping as well as local or remote server logging