As the value and volume of business data continue to rise, organizations need technology solutions that are easy to implement and manage, and that can grow and change with minimal disruption. The Brocade® 300 Switch provides small to medium-sized enterprises with SAN connectivity that simplifies their IT management infrastructures, improves system performance, maximizes the value of virtual server deployments, and reduces overall storage costs.
The 8 Gbit/sec Fibre C hannel Brocade 300 provides a simple, affordable, single-switch solution for both new and existing SANs. To simplify deployment, the Brocade 300 features the EZSwitchSetup wizard and other usability and configuration enhancements, as well as the optional Brocade Access Gateway mode of operation. Moreover, it provides state-of-the-art performance and Ports On Demand scalability to support SAN expansion and enable long-term investment protection.
INCREASED EFFICIENCY TO MANAGE BUSINESS GROWTH
The Brocade 300 significantly increases performance and functionality for SANs at an entry-level price. Based on sixth-generation Brocade technology, the Brocade 300 combines auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec throughput with features that greatly enhance fabric operation. The evolutionary design provides these capabilities while consuming less than 2.5 watts of power per port for exceptional power and cooling efficiency.
As a result, organizations can enjoy the advantages of low-cost device connectivity and powerful capabilities that make SAN technology highly accessible and affordable. In addition, hot code load and activation help maximize application uptime with faster system software upgrades and maintenance to reduce the dependency on scheduled outages.
- Provides an affordable, flexible foundation for entry-level SANs, and an edge switch for core-to-edge SAN environments
- Delivers up to 24 ports of 8 Gbit/sec performance in an energy-efficient, optimized 1U form factor to support the most demanding server and virtual server deployments
- Simplifies configuration and management with easy-to-use tools such as the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, and is Microsoft Simple SAN-compatible
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabrics to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports in 8-port increments
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Brocade Access Gateway that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade and Brocade M-Series fabrics
- Future-proofs investments by enabling organizations to use 4 Gbit/sec SFPs today and upgrade to 8 Gbit/sec SFPs when required