Indoor WLAN Access Points have been purpose-built to meet the Wireless LAN Network Access requirements of the SMB, Distributed Enterprise and Mid-enterprise. FortiAP Indoor WLAN Access Points come in various form factors, including a smoke detector style form-factor as well as sealed plenum-rated models. The sealed models are built to withstand an extended temperature range, suitable for non temperature controlled warehouse type environments, or for installation above ceiling tiles in office locations. Smoke detector-style models are ideal for hotel or school hallways installation, where a less obvious and discrete installation is desirable. Selected models are also equipped with RP-SMA antenna connectors for use with directional or panel antennas to provide optimal signal coverage in shopping centers, factories and corridors.
FortiAP Indoor WLAN Access Points are versatile in their deployment and can be configured in either AP mode or mesh mode. In AP mode, indoor wireless LAN access can be provided to users and guests, by leveraging the FortiGate security and authentication features. When configured as a wireless mesh client, the indoor WLAN Access Points can deployed to satisfy wireless point-to-point or point to multipoint requirements, without the need for additional network cabling.
- Supports latest 802.11ac technology with association rate of up to 1.3 Gbps
- Leverage existing FortiGate or FortiWiFi platforms as controllers for low TCO
- Integration with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer for centralized management and reporting
- Fast Roaming for uninterrupted data access
- Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (ARRP) for optimized throughput
- Layer 7 application control prioritizes business traffic
- Rogue AP detection and mitigation to satisfy PCI DSS compliance