FortiMail appliances and virtual appliances are proven, powerful email security platforms for any size organization — from small businesses to carriers, service providers, and large enterprises. Purpose-built for the most demanding messaging systems, FortiMail appliances employ Fortinet’s years of experience in protecting networks against spam, malware, and other message-borne threats.
FortiMail prevents your email systems from becoming threat delivery systems. Its inbound filtering engine blocks spam and malware before it can clog your network and affect users. Its outbound inspection technology prevents other antispam gateways from blacklisting your users by blocking outbound spam and malware, including mobile traffic.
Enforce secure content delivery with FortiMail Identity-Based Encryption (IBE), S/MIME, or TLS email encryption options. Prevent accidental and intentional loss of confidential data using predefined HIPAA, GLBA, SOX or customized dictionaries.
High Performance and Unmatched Flexibility
FortiMail appliances provide high-performance email routing and security by utilizing multiple high-accuracy antispam filters. When coupled with industry leading real-time antivirus and antispyware protection from FortiGuard Services, FortiMail provides you with extremely fast and accurate email security that won’t affect end users or delay their communications. FortiMail can be deployed in the cloud or on premises and gateway, inline and server modes in a range of appliance or virtual machine form factors. This flexibility allows you to deploy FortiMail in the mode that best suits your environment.
Advanced Threat Protection
In addition to FortiGuard antivirus, FortiMail supports on-board code emulation to identify and block suspicious files based on their intended behavior. Optional cloud-based or on-premise “sandboxing” provide a full, contained, run-time environment to thwart the highly targeted and tailored attacks that increasingly bypass traditional defenses. Rich threat intelligence, actionable insight and the option to share information with FortiGuard Labs in order to receive automated protection updates help organizations reduce the risk of compromise and breach from such sophisticated attacks.
Key Features & Benefits
- Flexible Deployment Options – FortiMail can be deployed in gateway, transparent mode and as a fully featured mail server. With hardware, VM and cloud form factors, FortiMail is flexible enough to cater to every customer requirement.
- Apply Data Loss Prevention and Identity-Based Encryption – Detect sensitive information using defined data patterns and ensure secure delivery with no additional hardware or software to install, no user provisioning, no recipient pre-enrollment.
- Prevent Phishing and Other Advanced Threats – Apply embedded URL inspection, top rated antimalware and optional sandbox integration to detect highly targeted attacks.
- Identify and Block Spamming Endpoints – Carriers and Service Providers, prevent blacklisting of legitimate subscribers by identifying and blocking endpoints sending spam.
- No Per-User or Per-Mailbox Pricing – Complete, multi-layered antivirus, antispam, antispyware and antiphishing protection for an unlimited number of users. Greatly reduces TCO.