Palo Alto Networks® PA-5200 Series of next-generation firewall appliances is comprised of the PA-5260, the PA-5250 and the PA-5220, which target high-speed data center, internet gateway, and service provider deployments. The PA-5200 Series delivers up to 72 Gbps of throughput using dedicated processing and memory for the key functional areas of networking, security, threat prevention and management.
The controlling element of the PA-5200 Series is PAN-OS, security operating system, which that natively classifies all traffic, inclusive of applications, threats and content, and then ties that traffic to the user, regardless of location or device type. The application, content and user – in other words, the elements that run your business – are then used as the basis of your security policies, resulting in an improved security posture and a reduction in incident response time.
Key Security Features:
Classifies all applications, on all ports, all the time
- Identifies the application, regardless of port, encryption (SSL or SSH), or evasive technique employed
- Uses the application, not the port, as the basis for all of your safe enablement policy decisions: allow, deny, schedule, inspect and apply traffic-shaping
- Categorizes unidentified applications for policy control, threat forensics or App-ID™ application identification technology development
Enforces security policies for any user, at any location
- Deploys consistent policies to local and remote users running on the Windows®; Apple® Mac® OS X®, macOS™ and iOS; Linux®; and Android™ platforms
- Enables agentless integration with Microsoft® Active Directory® and Terminal Services, LDAP, Novell® eDirectory™ and Citrix®
- Easily integrates your firewall policies with 802.1X wireless, proxies, NAC solutions, and any other source of user identity information
Prevents known and unknown threats
- Blocks a range of known threats, including exploits, malware and spyware, across all ports, regardless of common threat-evasion tactics employed
- Limits the unauthorized transfer of files and sensitive data, and safely enables non-work-related web surfing
- Identifies unknown malware, analyzes it based on hundreds of malicious behaviors, and then automatically creates and delivers protection