In a fiercely competitive marketplace, managed service providers (MSP) are looking for new ways to differentiate their services and open new revenue streams. One nascent market is the “mobile-wireless” segment where new opportunities to add branded Wi-Fi to mobile and semi-mobile public access context exist that complement LTE networks. But integrating into existing LTE networks with mobile Wi-Fi hotspot services has not been straightforward.
The Ruckus M510 mobile-wireless access point (AP) is an 802.11ac 2×2:2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi AP designed to leverage LTE networks as a backhaul and connect wirelessly back to any network without the need for an Ethernet cable connection.
Because of the wireless LTE backhaul capability, the M510 addresses multiple deployment scenarios not previously served, including mobile “in-vehicle” Wi-Fi (“mobile AP”), rapid Wi-Fi deployment for pop-up retail or firstresponders and temporary Wi-Fi deployments at a construction site. M510’s LTE backhaul can serve as a failover or redundancy for the WAN connectivity. Additionally, the M510 satisfies an operator’s requirement to deliver branded Wi-Fi connectivity for mobile outdoor hotspots for transit hubs or isolated public locations where a wired connection is too expensive or impossible.
The M510 AP incorporates patented technologies found only in the Ruckus Wi-Fi portfolio.
- Extended coverage with patented BeamFlex+ utilizing multi-directional antenna patterns.
- Improve throughput with ChannelFly, which dynamically finds less congested Wi-Fi channels to use.
Additionally, using the M510’s integrated GPS, customers can automatically establish the exact location of each access point on a network or geographic map in real-time—greatly simplifying installation, tracking and maintenance.
Whether operators are deploying ten or ten thousand APs, the M510 is easy to manage through any SmartZone physical or virtual controller. MSPs can leverage the carrier-grade features of SmartZone such as resiliency and geo-redundancy.
- MOBILE WI-FI Superior performance, managed Wi-Fi without cable pulls using an LTE connection to support mobile hotspot requirements.
- CARRIER-GRADE MANAGEMENT M510 with SmartZone brings in carrier-grade management features. MSPs can leverage physical or virtual SmartZone controller to manage all APs.
- ONBOARD GPS GPS support location aware services for tracking the mobile unit.
- ENTERPRISE WI-FI COVERAGE Provide an excellent user experience in any environment with patented BeamFlex+™ adaptive antenna technology and multiple directional antenna patterns.
- AUTOMATE OPTIMAL THROUGHPUT ChannelFly™ dynamic channel technology uses machine learning to automatically find the least congested channels. You always get the highest throughput the band can support.
- SERVE MORE DEVICES Connect more devices simultaneously with two MU-MIMO spatial streams and concurrent dual-band 2.4/5GHz radios while also enhancing non-Wave 2 device performance.
- MORE THAN WI-FI Support services beyond Wi-Fi with Ruckus IoT Suite, Cloudpath security and onboarding software, SPoT Wi-Fi locationing engine, and SCI network analytics.