Performance optimized indoor 802.11ac Wave 2 Dual-Radio 4×4:4 MIMO access point with internal antenna
Today many bandwidth-hungry critical business applications are accessed over wireless networks. Wi-Fi infrastructures are expected to provide required speed and capacity, and user experience is measured beyond jitter and latency. Number and types of mobile devices that are connecting to Wi-Fi is exponential and large numbers of new devices that do not require human intervention are joining wireless networks every day. AP550 is engineered for these very demanding environments, featuring 802.11ac Wave 2 dual-radio, 4×4:4 MIMO with the software defined radio that allows IT managers to enable 802.11ac 5 Ghz performance on both radios. Built-in BLE (Bluetooth Low-Energy) radio enables indoor proximity and location tracking.
AP550 is powerful enough to provide all the enterprise-grade features including built-in application visibility and control, RADIUS , DHCP, Captive Web Portal, WIPS, Location services and Spectrum analysis.
- High performance with software selectable radio and RF-IQ antenna technology for instant adaptation to the capacity needs
- Managed from public or private cloud -based HiveManager management platform
- Integrated BLE ( BlueTooth Low-Energy) and USB interface for IoT readiness
- Application Visibility and Control functionality, including reporting, stateful firewall, and powerful Aerohive Quality of Service (QoS) on the access point
- Enterprise software features including RADIUS, DHCP server, location services and spectrum analysis are combined with hardware assisted security and zero-touch deployment
Features – Flexible Hardware Platform
- 4×4 Wave 2 802.11ac Access Point with MU-MIMO capability and 4 spatial streams
- Software configurable radios allowing either two 5 GHz 802.11a/n/ac radios (for High Density High Capacity deployments) or concurrent 802.11a/n/ac and 802.11b/g/n radios
- Automatic or dedicated mesh failover
- Built-in Bluetooth Low Energy for Beacon and other applications
- IoT readiness with USB port for other wireless technologies
- PoE redundancy between the 2 Ethernet ports for high availability