General purpose industrial / outdoor 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless
The Cisco Meraki MR74 is a four-radio, cloud-managed 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for general purpose, next-generation deployments in harsh outdoor locations and industrial indoor conditions, the MR74 offers performance, enterprise-grade security, and intuitive management.
The MR74 delivers a maximum 1.3 Gbps* aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization. A fourth radio delivers seamless Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) scanning and Beaconing.
The combination of cloud management, 802.11ac, full-time RF environment scanning, and an integrated Bluetooth Low Energy radio delivers the high throughput, reliability, and flexibility required by the most demanding business applications like voice and high-definition streaming video, even in the most harsh outdoor environments.
MR74 and Meraki Cloud Management: A Powerful Combination
The MR74 is managed through the Meraki cloud, an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment across multiple sites without the need for time-consuming training or costly certifications. Since the MR74 is self-configuring and managed over the web, it can be deployed at a remote location in a matter of minutes, even without on-site IT staff.
24×7 monitoring via the Meraki cloud delivers real-time alerts if the network encounters problems. Remote diagnostics tools enable immediate troubleshooting so that distributed networks can be managed with a minimum of hassle.
The MR74’s firmware is always kept up to date from the cloud. New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web, meaning no manual software updates to download or missing security patches to worry about.
- Ideal for outdoor and industrial indoor environments
- 2×2:2 802.11ac, 1.3 Gbps aggregate dual-band data rate
- 24×7 real-time WIPS/WIDS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beaconing and scanning radio
- Forms point-to-point links with optional sector antennas
- Self-healing, zero-configuration mesh
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment