High Performance 802.11ax Wireless
The Meraki MR56 is an 8×8:8 802.11ax access point. It truly raises the bar for wireless power and speed. In fact, it’s the perfect for next-gen AP for in offices, schools, hospitals, shops, and hotels. And, for high-density settings, MR56 offers high throughput, security, and ease of use at a surprising price!
Under the hood of the MR56
MR56 pushes a 5.9 Gbps* aggregate frame rate. It also has concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. Plus, you’ll enjoy a huge increase in # of connections over 802.11ac.
The MR56 effortlessly combines powerful hardware, and rigid security. As a result, the it makes a great platform for the most demanding uses. High-density use cases and bandwidth intensive applications like voice and high-definition video? No problem!
What is the Meraki Advanced License?
It is important to note that athe MR56, like all Meraki appliances, needs a current, valid license to operate. This is because Merakis are managed from the cloud, and the different license options determine the features you have access to, and the length of service. All Meraki MR Access Points only have one license type, a general “wireless AP” license. However, the license has two tiers: MR Advanced and MR Upgrade. And it can apply to any Meraki access point, so long as there is one license for every AP in the account.
– The MR Advanced license includes a device (Enterprise) license for an MR access point itself plus the Umbrella add-on license which enables Umbrella to function on that access point. This license is generally purchased for licensing a new MR access point that does not already have a license.
– The MR Upgrade license is basically an add-on license and enables Umbrella functions only. It’s only good for MR access points with an active device (Enterprise) license. This license is generally purchased for MR access points that already have a basic enterprise license (not enabled for Umbrella).
The thing is, users today work from anywhere — and they’ll often bypass the VPN to do it. Cisco Umbrella provides a turbo-boost to the security of your apps, data, and users.
Cisco Umbrella is a cloud security service that provides a first line of defense against threats, wherever users access the internet. Umbrella offers flexible cloud security when and how you need it. It combines multiple security functions into one solution, so you can extend protection to devices, remote users, and locations anywhere. It’s a super-easy way to effectively protect your users everywhere in minutes. Whether on or off the corporate network. Umbrella is deployed enterprise-wide in minutes and gives your security team the threat intelligence and context they need to block threats before they become attacks.
Basically, you’re hooking in to Cisco’s own world-wide security network to protect your own little corner of the world.
Of course, Corporate Armor can answer any other question you may have about this or any other Meraki product or service. Just call us at 877-449-0458, or email us with any questions you may have. We have long experience with the Meraki family of products and solutions. And, our advice will be guided solely by what is best for you and your unique needs.
Highlights of the Meraki MR56
– 4 radios: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, dual-band
– Embedded WIDS/WIPS and Bluetooth
– 8-stream MU-MIMO 802.11ax compatible
– 1 × 5 Gbps Multigigabit Ethernet port
– PoE: 802.3at