Silicon Review, a trusted online and print community for business and technology professionals, has named ESET to its prestigious “50 Most Trustworthy Companies of the Year 2018” list. Silicon Review’s feature article profiles ESET’s journey from a small startup that made one of the first antivirus software programs in the late 1980s to a global endpoint security powerhouse that protects over 110 million people today.
This recognition comes on the heels of other notable achievements this year including ESET’s number one ranking by G2 Crowd in the “Best Endpoint Protection Suite” category, and its move into the “Leader” quadrant of the 2018 Forrester Wave Endpoint Security Suites, outranking MacAfee, Carbon Black, Cylance, Kaspersky and others
ESET milestones that played into its “most trusted” selection include the following:
- The company’s 30-year track record of product and threat-detection innovation.
- ESET’s selection to power Google Chrome Cleanup, a Google security tool that protects hundreds of millions of users around the world from unwanted applications.
- Its philanthropic efforts, like the ESET Women in Cybersecurity Scholarship and other initiatives that have served and positively impacted the community.
- ESET’s proven technology and its layered machine-learning defenses, like the “Network Attack Protection” module that protected ESET customers from WannaCry from the onset of the outbreak (something many vendors could not claim).
- ESET’s threat intelligence research (all published on its blog, WeLiveSecurity.com) and contributions to disrupting cybercrime operations with the FBI and Europol.
As the number one endpoint security vendor in the European Union — and the number five globally — ESET continues to gain ground in the U.S. with a growing customer base and an expanding product portfolio. Some of the largest and most iconic brands in the world rely on ESET for protection from emerging cyber threats, and some of the most influential threat discoveries of this decade have been made by ESET researchers.
Read Silicon Review’s profile on ESET here.
For 30 years, ESET® has been developing industry-leading IT security software and services for businesses and consumers worldwide. With solutions ranging from endpoint security to encryption and two-factor authentication, ESET’s high-performing, easy-to-use products give individuals and businesses the peace of mind to enjoy the full potential of their technology. ESET unobtrusively protects and monitors 24/7, updating defenses in real time to keep users safe and businesses running without interruption. Evolving threats require an evolving IT security company. Backed by R&D facilities worldwide, ESET became the first endpoint security company to earn 100 Virus Bulletin (VB100) awards, identifying every single “in-the-wild” malware without interruption since 2003. For more information, visit www.eset.com or follow on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
ESET North America